Episode 4 Part 1

The beginning had a dark blue, almost navy background with a quote in white text, saying how a volleyball wasn't a soloist, instead, they were all parts of an orchestra.

Kageyama appears, slightly translucent, and he's panting hard. There's a net in front of him with the opponents. A volleyball is served and he sets the ball. 

The screen shows several angles. 

"Move faster!"

"Jump higher!"

"More...more...Give me more!"

The screen shows Kageyama setting over and over again until he sets behind him and there's no one there. The ball falls onto the floor and bounces out of sight.

Several people look at the screen to the Kitagawa First volleyball club last year, who are frozen and stiff. Kageyama, in particular, is looking rather lost.

"Why?"

"Why won't you jump?"

The five other people on his team turn their heads to him. Kindaichi opens his mouth and answers, "We've had it up to here with you, you egocentric king!" The camera turns back to Kageyama, but this time, he's dressed with his volleyball uniform along with a red cape with white fur lining and a crown.

"So that's why Tsuki would call Kageyama 'King'," Bokuto murmured, "I just thought it was a dumb nickname that got on his nerves."

"So did I," Akaashi said, "I didn't think he'd be like this."

Atsumu looks at Kageyama. Not much of a goody two shoes, more like a dictator, he thinks in his head before scoffing. What a dramatic change.

Suddenly, something starts to beep over and over and over again. Kageyama opens his eyes. He rolls over and shuts his alarm off.

The setting is now the Karasuno gym. Kiyoko opens the door and pushes her hair off her face and behind her ear. "Good morning."

"Hey! It's that hottie. That hottie's here! Hey, think she might be the team manager?" Hinata asks, turning around.

"She's very hot!" Yamamoto says before lamenting about not having a girl manager. His team looks at him before Yaku slaps him on the back. 

"Thank you," Kiyoko tells Hinata, immediately making Nishinoya and Tanaka complimenting her, in hopes of a 'thank you'. She ignores them.

"It's awesome when she ignores me," Tanaka says.

Meanwhile, Tanaka immediately goes up and compliments her. "Kiyoko, you look lovely today." Kiyoko doesn't respond and walks away. Tanaka hugs himself. "I love it when she ignores me!"

"Dude, you're doing the same thing as on the screen!" Nishinoya points.

Then, Daichi says, "Alright. Let's get started. I'll be on Tsukishima's team."

"Eh? Are you serious, Captain?" Hinata asks.

"Relax," Daichi says, "Tanaka's a better attacker than me. But know that I won't go easy on you guys."

Tanaka is looking over at them with an unreadable expression on his face.

"No one is going to comment about that wording?" Oikawa asks. 

"What do you mean?" Hanamaki replies. 

"'Tanaka's a better attacker than me', not 'Tanaka's better than me'," Oikawa says. Realization dawns on the audience.