Chapter 2 - Hopeful

Sebastian POV
"Sebastian!!!"
"Sebastiannn!!!!"
Ughhh what is it Tiana!
"Aren't going to look for your mate today?"
Was she really doing this now. Making fun of me.
I will not allow it this morning. I decided to cover my ears. And I drifted back to sweet sleep.

....
After a while I decided to go down.
"Finally, I almost thought something bad had happened to you."
"Nothing bad had happened. I was just really tired."
If you wondering what she was talking about earlier. It's just that I had been traveling for a long time to find my mate. Well as you may already guess.  I haven't found her yet.

"I know she is somewhere."

Sonia POV
Lanielle will be very pissed. In fact very angry with me. That I knew mum and dad's plan and didn't warn her. But I don't want to lose my sister. She planned to run away the last time they did this. Particularly mum. It's like they never learn. By the time they realize they would have lost their daughter.

Lanielle POV
Today was unusually quiet. I knew Sonia wasn't with her mate but she wasn't here running as well. I could smell my favourite food but I knew and felt what followed wouldn't be pleasant for me. And I couldn't have guessed better.

"Lani come on." my dad calls pulling a chair for me. "We have something to discuss with you.
And .....
"There is this guy we believe would be good enough for you."
I dropped my fork as my appetite immediately left me and Sweet food suddenly tasted bitter.
"Not this again. Please."
"We love you that's why..."

I shot Sonia a look. And she bowed her head trying to look away. It meant she knew.

"I don't want to." I said calmly.
I obviously struggled to do that.

"That's not all." My mother said clearing her throat. I know that tone. And I don't like it.
"You will marry the young man." She continued.

"You ..." I said as I squished the glass with my bare hands.

I do not exactly have anger issues but well...

"Lani, calm down." Sonia said ruefully.

"If you will excuse me. " I said getting up.

"I have stuff to attend to."

The next day...

Lanielle POV
After 3 days.
It's been 3 days and I have not spoken a word to anyone. But then I looked up at my window and saw a fine young man staring at me. Has he been watching me sleep? He is so handsome. He is looking at me. I quickly closed my eyes again. Just then ....
"Marcus!!" I heard my mum shouting. Is that my bethrothed? Marcus. Nice name.

I still didn't want to be noticed but I needed to see Sonia so I tried to slip by but it was too late.

"Heyy." He said
"You must be Lanielle." He said charmingly.

"Nope. I am Sonia." I said
He chuckled and said
"I have already had the pleasure of meeting your sister, Sonia."

And I knew I had been caught.

"Give him a hug." my mother edged. And I did.

We then took a stroll and all I can tell you is. He is next to perfect.

.............
After many months, he took me on dates and I realized he wasn't so bad. I was hoping to find my mate so I could call it off. But now I was sure even if he comes I would pick Marcus over him.

"I love you Lanielle. Will you marry me?? ." He said smiling holding my hand and staring into my eyes.
I had no idea how to respond. But I knew even if he wasn't mate he would take very good care of me. So...
"Yes, I will." I said

Sebastian POV
These days have been stressful. Being a alpha is not as straightforward as I thought when I was younger.

...phone rings....

"Hello Landson." I said
"Hello Sebastian, it's been a while."

We talked for a while and then...
"I will be coming around for a few days. I have had this edge that my mate is in your territory."
"You are always welcome my friend."

......
After my talk with Landson. I decided to go out for some fresh air with Tiana. Technically she talked me into it.
As we were running in the forest I felt relief and I knew my wolf Kyle was happy as well.

"Tiana, thanks."

"For what??" She said

"For bringing me out here."

"You don't need to thank me. I love you bro. And I want you to know everything will work out."

I smiled at her and we continued our ran.

I am glad I did that because when I got home....

"Sebastian, you're an alpha you need a mate." My mum was always serious with these talks. I told her how I felt and she understood but this time she insisted.

"Son, I love you but this time I must..."
"But mum..."
"You need a luna and that's final. " She said getting up.

I called Tyler my close friend.
After talking for a while.
"I am absolutely frustrated."
"It's your mum right. I may have to agree with her on this. You need a Luna."
"No one believes me but Tyler I believe I will find her. I will find my mate and I would make her a Luna."

Lanielle POV
"Kindly zip me up Dorothy."
This is it. I am finally getting married. I know the mate bond exists but I have stopped caring ages ago about that. Finally after 4 relationships and counting this one worked out. And I can't wait!