Chapter 5 - Trouble

Author note:
I apologize for keeping so long. I will try to update more often. Thank you for reading.☺️❤️

...........
Sebastian POV
I could almost... I can't believe it. I could smell her and just like that she was gone.
I have wanted to find her for so long that I felt my mind started playing tricks on me.
"Don't worry we will find her." Michael, my wolf assured me.
"What about Tyler?"

There is a problem because the jacket doesn't smell like her. But I can still smell her. Maybe she burrowed this?
I need to find my mate.

And also later I have to apologize to Tyler for spoiling his day though he chose not to believe me and so it's his fault.

*** Some weeks later***
LANIELLE POV
"Meet your new husband to be." My parents said. I knew about him. I almost forgot about him.
Again with this. My parents never learn. But hey I got to do what I can to be nice... So I went...

"Hi! I am Zion."
"Hello Zion. I am Lanielle" I responded as cheeringly as I could.
Oh guess what he brought me a gift.
"I heard your favourite food was cheese burger. I brought you some on my way here."

I was overjoyed. With my many issues, I hadn't eaten this in a while....
As we talked my mind drifted of to Mr. Mystery man. The one I met at the party.
He smelled of all my favourite flavours. And I suspected he was my mate but I hadn't reacted how I would have expected to react when I saw my mate so ignored it and tried to have a good time.
It wasn't easy though. As the coward that I was I run. I runaway ... Well when I woke up... I saw him.
He was so handsome. I couldn't get his abs out of my head. Handsome face, beautiful eyes, amazing body. Come on Laniell this is not fair to Zion. So I stopped daydreaming about the stranger.

All this time Zion continued to speak, unfortunately I wasn't paying any attention to him. Apart from my memories distracting me, I suddenly felt very nauseous.
As I continued to bite inside the burger I felt nauseous but I didn't want to stop eating it. After a few minutes I couldn't take it anymore so I run to the washroom.

....... Some hours later....
I finally came out feeling well.... a bit better I guess. But Zion was nowhere to be found. He left a message for me that he will call me and that he hoped I was alright.

Sonia was hardly around anymore so it was just me.
I decided to do a pregnancy test and lo and behold I was pregnant.
I started wondering how I will forge forward with this situation.
I could still be with Zion but I am pregnant for the stranger. I don't want to put it on Zion. I will take care of this child on my own.

I was freaking out. I didn't want to tell my parents either. I needed some air so I decided to take a walk.

Sebastian POV
My search has been futile. And there hasn't been peace with the neighbouring pack. This together with my missing mate was weighing me down.
Every day I went to search for her but couldn't find her.

Today I visited the park in the neighborhood and I got a bit of her smell there. But it vanished. That could mean she had been there. I couldn't help wondering the reason why she hid her scent from me. I was really hoping that she wasn't the type who didn't believe in mates or that she was in any trouble.
All I knew was that even if any were the case I will fight for till I die. I will protect because though I don't know her I love her and I am very worried about her right now. I guess the mate bond is working.

I had just given up when Michael said to check one other place. He couldn't give a reason but I knew it had to be something and I trusted his instincts so I headed there.

As I walked around the corner. I felt something and Michael said "mate!" But as I came I saw the most horrifying sight. She had been stabbed and left to bleed out. I could smell silver and I knew that wasn't good at all. Whatever it was it was no ordinary attack. And was she... She was pregnant. And she wasn't healing. I quickly rushed to her. "Lanielle can you hear me?" "Lanielle stay with me." Why is she not healing? Nothing is making sense to me.
But she was far gone. Almost too unreachable. I could tell because I had taken some lessons from the pack doctor some time back. I was scared. Very scared.

And is she... She is pregnant! I could smell it and I saw her little bump too.

I mindlinked Paile who is my beta so he scouts our pack land and make sure the danger gone.

I carried her and run with her back home.
"It's too early Lanielle. I can't lose you. I need you. I need my mate. Stay strong for the baby and I. Please."