Chapter 6

Lanielle POV
I went for a nighttime walk in the park. And I noticed a large black shadow but ignored it. My only thought was of my mate, whom I couldn't find. And Zion, well, I didn't love for him. I don't want to keep stringing him along. After feeling nauseous, I suspected he was overthinking it and cancelled the next date.

After a while of sitting around, I realized the place was too quiet for me. And then I was stabbed in the stomach. And I could smell... silver!? I knew I had never offended anyone so badly in my life for such an absurd result, so why?
I wish I could meet my mate even once. But that does not appear to be the case.
I looked up at the attacker again and noticed he had a scar on his cheek and green eyes... I wanted to take in everything because if Ip survive this, he certainly won't. And then everything went black.

...................

Sebastian POV
I paced up and down the hall. I was confused by what I had witnessed. Is there anyone out there who wants to hurt her, or me? But how did the person know about her if we weren't together yet? Tyler, perhaps? He would never do something like that.
Just then, the doctor appeared. I turned to face him, hoping to hear something good but...
"I am sorry, Alpha. She lost the pup." The doctor said.
After that, I couldn't here anything. I was heartbroken. My heart is broken. I went outside to get some fresh air. Then I saw my sister.
"I'm truly sorry, Seb." She stated. And gave me a hug.

I had dreamt from young how it would be to take care of my child. Never did it ever cross my mind I would be mourning mine so early.
I took a ran in the forest and rest my head against one of my favourite trees there. Allowing the breeze to help comfort my tortured and broken soul. I shed some tears. I didn't know I still had it in me to cry. The baby hadn't formed properly because it was still early but still... And my mate...

After I mourning my child. I knew my mate will need me so I head back quickly. She will need me. I need to be there for her. So I got back to the hospital.
"Sebastian." I looked up and saw a sad looking Tyler.
"I am so sorry..." He said trailing of.
I just hugged him.
"You will be fine. And you have to be strong for her." He said and I nodded.

.....
Within the next 2 hours of waiting... Lanielle woke up. Immediately I heard this I rushed to her room. But when I got to the door I thought it wise to relax so I don't scare or confuse her.

"Who..." She was about to ask when I stepped in.
"Mate!" she gasps.
"Yes, Lanielle I am your mate." I said. After that there was an awkward tension in the room. I sat down and pulled her close to me. And I felt the earlier the better so I broke the news to her.
I suddenly saw the colour pour out of her eyes as she stared at her tummy in pure horror. I quickly got up to hold her.
"It's okay. We can have another. I am just glad you are safe." I said kissing her forehead and now holding her so she rests in my arms.
"It's not the same ..." Then she looked up to me
"Sebastian, my name is Sebastian."

Lanielle POV
"Sebastian, my name is Sebastian."
My mate. Finally I have met my mate. I am so comfortable. I can tell Nyla is equally excited. But she knows I am weak at the moment and so doesn't push it.
I am happy to have met him but I can't help but feel sad that I couldn't protect our baby.
Even Nyka saddenly quiets down at the thought too.
"What have you been thinking about?"
"You have been very quiet."

"Oh really, I just... I thought you were asleep."
"No Love, I am not asleep."
"Okay."
"You don't have to worry about anything. From here on out you don't have to do anything alone. I am here."

Sebastian POV
She looked so peaceful whilst sleeping. Except the pained expression on her face.
I left her to sleep.

Walking in the cool breeze does me a lot of good. I am trying to be strong and keep all the negative thoughts out. But I keep thinking how everything would have been better if I had found her earlier. If I had just. If I had been there.

Unknown POV
It's just the beginning Sebastian and Tyler. It's just the beginning.
"How's the girl doing?" I asked. "Not good since she hasn't left the hospital." She said. "She's alive!?" I screamed as I smashed my table. That must be a very strong person because a pregnant wolf shouldn't be able to survive that. Sebastian?!!!
"Calm down your grace." She said. Always with the flatteries. I would have killed her right here and now but usually when she starts like this she has good ideas and suggestions that often calm me down. So let's see what she has to say.
"What?" I asked. "At least she lost the baby." She said. She has a point. That's very true. So at least of I get rid of him early enough he will have no heir just perfect.

....

Tyler POV
The smell again. I don't want a problem again. I have to be sure this time.
It smells like honey. I tried to ignore but it was simply impossible. I wanted to see if it will wear of but it didn't. So I walked on and found a sleeping girl.

"Mate!! Oh finally!" Clane my wolf shrieked.
I am very happy.
She was asleep on the hard bench. She was very pretty. The first instinct I had was to make sure she was very comfortable, kepp her happy. Was she here on her own or was she a friend of Lanielle's? Looking at the way she was sleeping in the hospital near Lanielles I am pretty sure they knew each other. And the jacket insident earlier to confirms this.

I didn't want to disturb her so I covered her and left. I have waited for long but I won't be imposing. At least I know how to find her now. "I will be back." I said as I planted a kiss on her lips.
As I headed out I saw a strange shadow. And instantly recognized who it could be... No... it can't be. I am sure it's in my mind. If it is...
Quickly I reached out and dialed Sebastian's number.
"Sebastian we have got a problem."