Chapter 3

Sebastian POV
As I lay down thoughts of sadness filled my heart. Something was wrong but I couldn't tell what it was. I felt like something was happening and I was helpless to do anything about it. That was how I felt when Tiana was kidnapped when we were children, helpless.

I got up walked around for a bit, then stood beside a window watching to look at the beautiful sky.
As a child growing up you could say Inwa more obsessed about finding my mate than about being Alpha. After dad stepped down, I expected Hayden to take over but then he suddenly died. He was taken away from us. Today was the day he died and I felt very sad but with this deep sorrow I felt I knew there was something more with to it and I need to find out.

Lanielle POV
Evening weddings had been my dream but I was feeling down. I am at the altar and no one. No one has seen Marcus. The evening we beautiful, the setup was lovely the person I wanted most to be there was missing.
My mum had distracted everyone with tunes but what is obvious is obvious.
I quietly walked up to her and told her
"It's okay mum, we have kept everyone waiting for too long. Let them go."
"But..." She tried to say.
"He stood me up that's it. There is nothing I can do about it."  I said.
"I am sorry." She muttered.
I nodded and walked off. She did the announcement thank everyone whilst I entered my car and drove off. I knew Lila wanted to run but though I was sad somehow I was still in control.
"Sorry but I am in charge." I said speeding off.

Lanielle POV
The forest was dark and I had this little cabin no one knew about except Sonia. I knew it was a matter of time before she figured it out and hopefully by then I would be fine. I got down and walked towards the door. It was supposed to be locked but it wasn't. I thought nothing of it and entered.
Luckily, there was no one in it so I cried myself to sleep.

Around 2am I felt a chilly breeze blow too tired to open my eyes and too tired to care I carried on with my sleep.

Jackson POV
I had this new found cabin where I always slept. I was happy in it. I found it 2 weeks ago and I came here to hide for a while. As I entered I saw a young woman asleep and I realized this must be hers so I decided to leave as early as possible so she would be comfortable. I had no here else to go or I would have gone there instead.

.........
Finally it's 5 am. I have to plan where I would be heading to.

Lanielle POV
Unknown to this stranger I couldn't really sleep I was sort of wake. I could tell he wasn't a bad person but he had issues. He was just about to head out when I stopped him.

"What's your name stranger?" I asked.
"Jackson." He replied strangely
"I am Lanielle. Hope we can be good friends."
"Yes we can." He said

..........
It's been a month since I went back home. It's either Sonia still hasn't cracked it or she is giving me time. Oh and Jackson, I convinced him to stay and he nagged me to go home.

"You know at first I thought you just wanted me to go so you have the cabin to yourself."
"Oh no." He said laughing.
"Maybe at first but now no." he continued.
"Hmm."
"Your family would be worried and life must go on you know." He said.
He patted me on the back and dragged me along.

..........
Sonia POV
Today is the day I go get my sister. I know where she is and I must get her to move on.
"Mum, dad. I have to step out for a bit."
"Okay, say hi to your mate for me." She said grinning
Oh so now she believes in it I giggled.
"If I see him I will." I said laughing.

As soon as I opened the door they was Lanielle.
"Lani!!" I hugged her. She had lost so much weight.

Lanielle POV
I was happy to see Sonia and she was very happy too. I didn't bring Jackson though. He wanted me to settle down first. He is such a wonderful friend. He is the big brother I never had.
I saw my family too we hugged and I went straight to Sonias room where I slept the next few days.

Lanielle
After the 3rd day, I slept I had this wonderful dream that Marcus came to the wedding and I woke up to see him next to me but...
Of course I was disappointed again. I am not surprised. Just really hurt. I am now even starting to believe normal happiness is impossible to even think of that joy I can get with my mate.
Today is that party Sonia wants me to attend.
"Lani, I know it's hard. But we move."

After shopping and trying on my dress. I was happy for the first time in a while. And I felt maybe this party wouldn't be too bad and I could meet Marcus and he could explain to me why he did it. Or maybe something even better could happen.