Road trip

Yes, this is a continuation from the previous chapter. (To recap, the road trip they were talking about packing up for and buying food for). This is a couple days later :)

~

"Get the other bag", Mark said to Ethan, who sighed, exasperated. He wiped his forehead, his hair plastered to his forehead from lugging all of their stuff to the car.

What might've seemed at first an easy feat, Mark hadn't mentioned that they were going to the park before leaving for the trip. He brought his bags to the desired location, not realizing that Mark had planned to go to his house after the park to get the bags, even though Mark had told him again and again in advance. He'd forgotten every time.

When Ethan had shown up with all of his stuff in his car, it was too late to put the stuff back, and useless to go to his house after the park.

Mark had shaken his head, laughing at Ethan's very preventable mistake. As a sort of punishment he made Ethan bring all his bags to the other side of the park, where Mark had put his car.

Now Ethan was panting, bending over to catch his breath. Confused why he hadn't answered yet, Mark turned to be met with Ethan bent over. He couldn't resist the urge. He gave him a quick slap before turning back to packing up the car.

Ethan immediately stood up, twisting around. Mark hummed, pushing forcefully on the bag in front of him to get it to fit. "Mark I-" Ethan started to say, but Mark put his hands on his hips, lifting up a finger.

"Ah ah ah" he said, wagging his finger. He stuck a leg out, looking all sassy. "Get the last bag", he ordered, turning back to the car. Ethan groaned, but crossed his arms over his chest, turning around, and started to walk all the way back to get the last bag.

The 90 degree weather wasn't helping with Ethan's situation, and he glared at the blinding sun. His sunglasses were in his smallest bag, which was the last one in his car.

Finally he got to the car, blowing out a breath, and climbing in for just a moment, turning on the air conditioning for just a few minutes.

He reveled in the coolness, but took a breath, got his bag, locked his car, and started on the way back.

Meanwhile Mark was practically half asleep waiting for Ethan to come back. He had just enough room to stuff one more bag into the overfilled car, but Ethan was taking forever.

He decided to read the pamphlet to where they were going while he waited, cracking open the pages. They were spending about a week in Arizona visiting a few friends and going to a couple of gatherings, the likes.

Mark wanted to fill their days with fun activities, so he had to find things to do so they wouldn't be bored on their off days.

Ethan finally stumbled into the passenger seat, sighing as he slunk down into the chair.

Mark snickered at Ethan's sweat covered face, and his long hair half deflated. He smirked at Ethan, and Ethan just shook his head at him.

"You need some deodorant whew" Mark said, fanning his nose. Ethan glared at him. "Yeah yeah whatever, I didn't listen to instructions", Ethan said. "Let's just start driving", he muttered. Mark smirked at him, putting the car into reverse.

At first, the drive was relatively calm, mundane even. But after the first 4 hours, a couple pitstops, tons of snacks, and a few podcasts, Ethan was bored.

He wanted to get revenge on Mark for making him walk in the raging heat, and making him carry all of his bags to the car. Yes, it was his fault in the first place, but that didn't make it any better.