My World

You woke up in a room you didn't recognize. Everything hurt on your body and you could barely move, your wounds weren't healing as fast as they used to. You tried to sit up but fell back onto the bed you were laying with a loud groan and thump.

Outside the door you heard footsteps rush over and the door swung open. You recognized the girl standing before you, Aoi. She was a helper at the Butterfly Estate. So that's where I am... you thought, looking up at the girl weakly.

"You need to stay still if you wanna move ever again. I swear there have been more and more demon slayers coming here recently," she sighed while pinching the bridge of her nose. As soon as you heard "demon slayer" your eyes shot open.

"Giyuu! Where is he? Is he okay?" you frantically shouted at Aoi. She was taken aback by your concern for the Water Hashria, something that wasn't common since a lot of members of the corps held a disliking towards him. She blinked a few times and answered,

"He's fine. The damage he took wasn't as severe as yours, especially since he had used a breathing technique to help. He's been lurking around the estate somewhere, I guess I can say it's safe to assume he's waiting for you." Waiting for me? You felt your heart flutter at the thought, the Water Hashria that showed no emotion was waiting for you. Your face turned slightly red and you sighed in relief at the news of him being okay and Aoi caught on and smiled slightly and whispered to herself,

"So it is possible huh? Who would've thought." You looked at her with confusion and before you could ask her what she was talking about she said,

"I need to get your medicine, stay here." she said before shutting the door.

You were too concerned as to where Giyuu was to listen to her. You sat up slowly despite the pain surging throughout your body. The room felt like it was spinning and your head was as light as ever but you ignored it. You hobbled out of the room in search of Giyuu.

You leaned against the wall for support while looking left and right throughout the building, hoping he wasn't too far from your location. In the distance you heard the muffled shout of Aoi, I think she noticed, you laughed slightly to yourself and picked up the pace until you were outside in nothing but your robe that was given to you.

You wandered the outside and after 20 minutes of searching you found Giyuu standing under a tree with a butterfly resting on his finger. He looked so peaceful and handsome in the lighting, it was almost magical. You let out a soft sigh as you admired from a distance and started to limp your way to him.

You were halfway there before you collapsed to the ground. You had used up too much energy and your injuries didn't help either. The butterfly flew from Giyuu's finger as he turned his head and saw you laying on the ground. He swiftly made his way over to you and his hands hovered over your body,

"(Y/N)?" he asked with concern painted on his face and voice. He helped you sit up and you softly chuckled as you leaned against him and his hand held yours. He was confused and concerned as he looked you up and down as you laughed.

"You know...you look cute with emotions on your face, you should show them more often Giyuu," you smiled up at him softly. His face turned slightly red at the sudden comment. He blinked a few times before asking if you were actually okay to which you responded with a heartier laugh but quickly winced at the jolt of pain,

"I'm fine Giyuu, just a little tired is all. I should be back to my normal self in no time." He stared down at you more,

"That's not what I meant. I meant is your head okay? You're saying things that don't make sense." he stated flatly and you dramatically frowned at the lack of emotion in his voice and on his face.

"Look, you can hide your emotions from everyone if you want to but don't hide them around me okay? You look good when you aren't always just all dark and brooding ya know?" you laughed as he helped you help and started walking you back into the estate. He faced forward, hiding his flustered face from you.

A very annoyed and upset Aoi was there to meet you at the front entrance. Her hands were placed on her hips as she glared at you,

"He isn't hard to find (Y/N). If you would have asked I could have found him and brought him to you," she scolded you. You apologized frantically and laughed nervously,

"Sorry Ms. Aoi, I was just a little too eager," you rubbed the back of your neck and followed her back to your room, leaving Giyuu at the entrance. You stopped suddenly and turned around, this time you felt nervous,

"Hey G-Giyuu, will you come back to the room with me?" you asked softly, embarrassed to be asking him directly especially in front of Aoi, who was now smiling behind you. She let out an audible sigh,

"Giyuu take her back to her room for me. Her medicine should be on the small table next to the bed. I have other things I need to attend to." Before Giyuu could respond, Aoi was already gone, leaving you leaning against the wall for support. He made his way over to you and wrapped your arm around his neck and you used him for support to walk.

Once you made it back into the room, you let go of him and started to hobble back over to your bed but his hand grabbed your wrist gently. You turned to face him and your eyes met, neither of you looking away from each other.

"Giy-" you were cut off by him pulling you into a tight embrace. Your face immediately flushed red as your face was buried into his chest. His head was resting on top of yours as he held you tightly, taking in each other's scent. You hesitantly wrapped your arms around him and then held on to him as tightly as you could manage in your current state.

"I'm so happy you're okay (Y/N). I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to protect you more, I really don't know what I would have done if I lost you," he whispered while he gripped your hair, holding your face into his chest. You could feel tears stinging your eyes, it was the first time in forever that someone had ever held you with such care. You felt safe, secure, protected. You pulled away slightly to look up at him, but not enough to completely break the embrace.

You stared up at his stoic face, meeting his sapphire eyes once more. The two of your faces slowly inched close before your lips clashed together. You could feel your heart and stomach flutter as the two of you kissed one another with passion.

Each of you pulled back for air and locked eyes. You smiled softly at him while caressing his cheek softly. Before you knew it, he swooped you up into his arms and laid you gently onto the bed, this time you were aware that you pulled him down with you. His body hovering over top of yours as you leaned forward to give him another kiss.

"Please stay with me Giyuu," you practically begged. His lips met your forehead and you could feel a slight smile on his lips,

"Never again will I leave your side (Y/N). I promise to always protect you. You're my world, I love you," he whispered softly into your ear before comfortably laying next to you on his side. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled your body against his so your back was against his chest. 

Your eyes slowly started to close as you smiled, everything finally felt right in your life. The outside sounds mixed together until you couldn't hear anything anymore, you were wrapped up in the moment, and Giyuu's arms. You let out a small relaxed sigh,

"I love you too Giyuu." you said before falling asleep in his embrace.