VooDoo Dolls and Roses

A/N: You're going to want to read the first part to this story Sole Survivor before starting this sequel, Sole Mates. You won't be able to understand what's going on or be familiar with the characters if you do not. Hope you enjoy!

(1 week before Marshall and Lilly's wedding)

Paul Rosenburg POV:

"Just put it over there with the others!" I pointed to the table that had now become the designated spot for all the wedding gifts being sent to the studio from those who can't make it on the big day. I signed for the package and shuffled back to my office. Marshall had requested that I set he and Lilly up in an isolated cabin under the northern lights for their honeymoon which I thought was a great idea because of the seclusion factor. I had not told Marshall this, but the label had received some questionable items showing up here as of late. Damian had sent a letter from jail preposterously suggesting he work at the Shady Label when he was released from prison. This was either a joke or a threat, but it didn't represent anything good. There was also a pair of Nike Dunks sent here anonymously and when I asked Lilly if she was expecting any shoes to arrive at the studio, she didn't know what I was talking about. After I opened them up, I did a bit of research and they're called the VooDoo Dolls. 

That gave me chills

That gave me chills. I may be paranoid, but I think it was a sick joke. The final straw which made my skin crawl was when a bouquet of white roses with one red rose in the middle and a note attached reading "Thinking of You."

I didn't let Marshall know any of this. It may be stupid or dangerous, but this is the happiest I've ever seen him, and I wasn't about to ruin that. Ever since meeting Lilly a year ago, Marshall has a new purpose in life. I see the excitement in his eyes when he talks about his fiancé and Lilly is perfect for him. Lilly carries herself with dignity and lives to make Marshall happy. She can always calm him down and Marshall has been her rock this past year. I think he feels a sense of pride being able to protect Lilly and be her hero, even though she's an independent chick, Lilly feels safe when she's with Marshall. They complement each other perfectly.

I beefed up security for the wedding. I hired an outside crew of twenty men to surround the perimeter of Marshall's house leading up to the big day and they were to attend to the perimeter of the venue on the day of the wedding as well. I looked into it a bit and Damian Rodriguez is still locked up, but I know he has friends in high places everywhere. He definitely has the power to place someone in Detroit to sabotage this special event even from a jail cell.

"All that shit for me and my queen?" Marshall stood in my doorway.

"Yeah, I guess lots of people want to wish your dumbass well. There's one there from Elton. I don't even wanna know what kinda of kinky shit he got you and Lilly after you got he and his husband matching diamond cock rings for their wedding." I said from behind my laptop.

Marshall entered and sat across from me at my desk.

"If you haven't noticed Paul, I'm kinda awesome." He sarcastically noted.