00

When I was a kid, I dreamt to be a professional dancer. A well known dancer in Korea. Be part of a Kpop girl group. Dancing some cool dances. Be an idol. Be admired by people.

But my father does not want it. Having no mom besides me, and a controlling father, is hard. But I'm still thankful, I still have a parent.

"You have a ballet performance next week, right?"

I nodded. "Ne, appa."

I looked at him. He was just looking at his plate, cutting his steak.

"Make me proud. Be the best. After all, this is what you wanted."

His words hurt my young heart. I didn't want to be a ballerina, its you wanted me to be.

I just nodded my head and went back to eating.

"Agassi, do you want to go to the park after your performance?" I looked at Re In Unnie through my mirror. She's my personal yaya and my only friend. She's ten years older than me.

"Do you think Appa would agree?"

She smiled and continued brushing my hair.

"We can escape."

My eyes widened. "You mean, run away, Unnie?"

"We'll come back, Agassi."

"What if we get caught?"

"I can ask Eomma to cover up for us."

I looked at her, bewildered. I didn't expect her to actually think of that. To all the young maid we have here in our house, she's like the modest.

She laughed. "I just want you to have fun, Agassi. Just that day, hmm?"

With the excitement inside me, I nodded my head.

As the days passed, my excitement grew bigger. And on the day of my performance, I didn't care about the dance, all I care about was my plan with Re In Unnie.

Appa was there with Re In and her mom. They were smiling, except for Appa. They looked so proud of me, except for Appa, again, he kinda looks bored.

As I was dancing, even though I don't really like ballet, it still affects my heart. Its kinda weird for an 8 years old kid to be so passionate to dancing.

When our performace was done, the room was filled with loud claps and noises. I saw Re In and her eomma stood up while clapping their hands, while appa? He even looks disappointed.

I entered the backstage sad. Then Re In Unnie entered with a big smile plastered on her face.

"Guess what, Agassi?" The excitement on her voice was evident that I can't help but smile too.

"We don't need to escape!"

I jumped and hugged her. It was the best announcement for me. I'm always inside the walls of our house, I never really went to a mall, its just school and house.

"But, how, Unnie?"

She held my face, "I don't know, Agassi, but you're appa said that I should take you out! No curfew, or rules, Agassi."

I laughed and get excited with her. But still, I was bothered. I wonder what's with appa? This is the first time he would let me out without him and his rules.

I went to my father and hugged him tight. He just patted my head.

"Go with your Re In Unnie, I'll wait for you in our house." He said.

I smiled and nodded. I thought that that was it but he bended his knees for our eyes to met.

He touched my cheeks and smiled. "You look like your mother. Beautiful. I love her so much, and you, too. I love you so much."