Chapter Three

I decided to finish looking around the cottage.  I am on the second floor  I head over to one room and I open the door. Inside I find a library with tons of books they are quite dusty. I leave the room and go over to another. It is the bathroom it has a golden claw foot tub. It has just about golden everything in here.

I  leave the bathroom and I head downstairs. I head over to the kitchen I open the cabinets and they are stocked with food. I head over to the refrigerator and it also has tons of food.   In the corner of the kitchen there is a small round table by a window. I look out it and far into the distance I see the campus in the far left but on the far right I see a castle.

Just then i hear the door open a lady with roses walks in.She looks at me and smiles and hands me the roses. I take them and I look at them then I look at her.

Amelia:Uh thanks?

She smiles then nods she head over to the kitchen and starts taking out food. She takes a head of lettuce out of the refrigerator.  She grabs a knife and starts to chop it up.
Amelia: My I ask who you are?

She looks at me and puts the knife down.  She introduced herself as Angela.
Angela:Sorry ma'am! I'm your maid.
Amelia:you are my Maid?
Angela: Yes ma'am I'll be her from 6am to 9am then I will come back to cook you dinner then I will clean up and leave.
Amelia: I'm sure I can do that my self. It's no trouble for me I can do it.

She walks back and continues chopping salad .
Angela: This is my job ma'am I was assigned to to you.

Amelia: Assigned?
Angela: Yes Ma'am in the three cottages we have all three get a maid.
Amelia: Wait so there is really only three cottages?
Angela: Yes ma'am there is one down the road and one right across from you.

I look out the window and I see the cottage it looks just like this one.
Amelia: Do you need any help?
Angela: No ma'am you go up to your room and relax or take a bath ma'am what ever makes you feel better.

I slowly walk upstairs I usually always help my mom in the kitchen. It really seems strange not helping. I get to my room and grab some clean clothes and walk over to the bathroom. I open the door then I shut and lock it behind me.  I set my clothes down and walk over to the bathtub.

It is only a bathtub not a shower.

I start to run the water and it slowly comes out.  Hmm I guess I can ask umm Ross the ground keeper to fix it.  The tub slowly fills up and I notice a small window as I get into the tub. I quickly put something to cover the window.

I lay down and close my eyes as I soak in the tub. On the right side of the tub I find homemade soaps.

I smell them and they smell quite good. I begin washing my body. Then I hear a knock on the door.
Angela: Ma'am? Your lunch is ready.
Amelia: Um okay thank you I will be out in a minute.

Wow this is gonna be hard getting used to. I wish everyone would stop calling me ma'am! Its kinda irritating. Just call me Amelia that will be good. I finish washing up and I quickly dry myself off and I put my clean clothes on. I clean up the small mess I made in the bathroom.

Then I head downstairs with Angela just standing by the food. I walk over to the table and she pulls me out a chair and I sit down. I look at my food and she has made me a Caesar salad with chicken on top. Angela walks towards the stairs.
Amelia: Are you not gonna eat with me?
Angela: No ma'am I surely cannot do that I'm going to go clean up.
Amelia: I already cleaned my mess in the bathroom.
Angela: Ma'am  you don't have to do such thing I am your maid I will do it.
Amelia: Angela? I can do things too. you don't have to do everything.
Angela: but ma'am that's my job.
Amelia: Its fine It really is and one more thing?
Angela: Yes ma'am?
Amelia: Can you not call me ma'am?
Angela: Yes Ma'am.... I mean miss Ryder.
Amelia: Just call me Amelia please.
Angela:  okay...... Amelia. Now you eat up and as soon as your done I will make dessert.
Amelia: Dessert?
Angela: Yes Chocolate chunk cheesecake.
Amelia: Did you say cheesecake?!
Angela: Yes ma'am.... I mean yes Amelia.
Amelia: I love cheesecake!  But I will only eat it if you sit down and eat with me.
Angela: I'm sorry I can't do that.
Amelia: Why not?
Angela: Its policy I cannot eat with anyone other than my fellow colleagues.
Amelia: but I want you to.
Angela: Um maybe some other time.

She picks up my empty plate and she quickly cleans up.
Amelia: I'm kinda full no need for the cheesecake.
Angela: okay I will just put it in the refrigerator.

As I watch her she quickly cleans up then she puts her jacket on.
Angela:See you at 7:30am tomorrow.
Amelia: What for?
Angela: Well someone has to make you breakfast.

She smiles then head out the door and driver away in her car.

I walk over and I look at the roses. Angela put them in a vase with some water. Beside the vase I see a little card.   I open it and I read it
Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow.

There is no name on the card I wonder  who could have  sent it. I don't know anyone here in Westonburg.