Chapter 4: Don't Shoot The Messenger

Castle Dimitrescu

Cory woke up that night, but... He wasn't asleep in the first place. He was in a hallway standing upright, he assumed he was still in the castle due to the fancy interior. As Cory started to walk down the dark hallway, he felt like he was being watched. As Cory made his way down the hall, a small swarm of flies filled the hall. But then, he heard laughing coming from behind him, he turned to see nothing. Then suddenly the laughing surrounded him. A large swarm of flies filled the room disorienting his vision, and before he knew it... The three daughters appeared from the swarm. He felt a sense of relief in seeing them, but... The first thing Cassandra said sent a cold chill down his spine.

Cassandra: We were starting to get worried that mother had gotten to you first. Let me slice your jugular, and just watch

They all proceeded to laugh as Daniela swung her scythe, landing it directly into his jugular. The pain and sense of fear were immeasurable. Daniela then pulled the scythe out ripping his throat out along with it. He grabbed at his neck and blood started spilling out of his mouth before blacking out. But suddenly he woke up again, but he was alive... And safe. He was still in bed, and it was morning... Cory then suddenly felt his neck, it was normal. No blood. It must have been a dream, and he felt relieved to be awake. He looked at Bela who was still asleep and laid back down facing her.

Cory: S-She's so... P-Pretty...

Cory then suddenly heard a faint giggle coming from outside the room. As he looked towards the door slightly startled, a botfly swarm slowly covered the door and then Daniela appeared from the swarm looking at him with a seductive look in her eye. Daniela started to approach him and Cory looked up at her with a nervous twitch. Daniela giggled at his actions and crawled onto the bed getting closer to him until she was only a few inches away from Cory's face and he caught a whiff of her hair, it was... Beautiful. The aromatic smell was ensnaring to him, he couldn't help him and got closer to get a deeper smell. Daniela giggled and grabbed his chin tightly making him look at her.

Daniela: Bad boy, I didn't say you could smell me

Cory looked down in shame and wanted to just leave out of embarrassment, he didn't know she would be upset about it. Daniela giggled again and laid him down and proceeded to gently bite his neck drawing a little blood, Cory let out faint moans at the sensation. But suddenly, Bela slowly woke and her eyes widened at the sight in front of her. She screamed at Daniela which startled her and caused her to jump off of Cory.

Bela: D-Daniela..? W-Wha... W-What are you doing..??

Daniela wiped the fresh blood from her mouth and stood up. Bela looked at her in jealousy and anger and Daniela just giggled quietly.

Daniela: Oh, don't be like that. Not my fault that he likes me more.

Bela got an angered demeanor and glared at her. Daniela went back over to Cory and kissed him on the forehead before phasing into her botfly swarm. Bela looked at Cory with a furious look, but as Cory looked at her in fear and started to let out a slight tear she looked down. She couldn't bring herself to yell at him, even though he let Daniela do that to him. But in the end, Alcina told her he wasn't only hers and she had to share him with Daniela and Cassandra. A deal that Bela didn't like very much, she wanted him all to herself and would go to any extent to have him.

Bela: I'm not mad at you, little one...

Cory kept looking down and scooted away from her wanting everything that happened to go away. He didn't like that he felt like he had to choose... He felt like he had a make a choice he knew he couldn't make. He knew they wouldn't be able to drop their differences, all he could do was wish. Suddenly there was a knock on the door which startled Cory and Bela got of bed and answered it, revealing Alcina and her sisters.