Chapter 2: Blood Soaked Chains

Castle Dimitrescu

Cory woke up sore as all hell and still feeling a little dizzy. His vision was disoriented due to his glasses being missing. Cory looked around for his glasses, but they were nowhere to be found. He couldn't see much but he could tell from the dark and dank rooms that he was in some sort of dungeon. He felt his leg which still hurt but was at least bandaged. Cory started to freak out, he tried to run away but ended up accidentally choking himself due to a chained collar around his neck. He knew deep down that he should have listened to Alice, and now he was going to pay for it. He pulled on the collar with no luck and then sat down, he was scared. In defeat and sorrow, he started to tear up. Cory began to hear a voice and one of the girls from earlier appeared from the swarm of flies.

Bela: Oh well, looks like he's awake now. Mother would love to see you now

Cory's heart has never beat this loud before, he started to panic and stared at her in fear.

Bela: Now, we don't want to keep mother waiting now do we?

Cory's eyes widened in fear and he tugs at the collar hoping for it to break with no luck whatsoever. Bela giggled and grabbed the chain around his neck tightly pulling his face close to hers. She was so close that he could smell the blood smeared on her mouth with a bittersweet taste.

Bela: Now, we wouldn't want mother to be angry. That wouldn't be good for both of us, now would it?

Bela tugged on his chained collar causing Cory to gag and choke a little, she disappeared into the flies but he could still hear her laughing and was still being dragged. All the dragging stops and Cory caught his breath and looked around with his vision still slightly impaired.

Bela: Mother, here he is

A quite taller woman stood up from her chair in an intimidating manner.

Alcina: Well, let's see what we have here

Alcina takes his glasses off her dresser and shows them to him.

Alcina: Lose something earlier?

Cory goes to grab them but stops out of hesitation and fear.

Alcina: Oh dear, don't be afraid

Alcina kneels and puts his glasses back on his face making him blush a little.

Alcina: Now, I don't think we got your name. Have we?

The others look at him eagerly waiting for him to speak.

Cory: I-It's... C-Cory...

Bela giggled at his response.

Alcina: Well, he does speak.

Alcina stands back up quickly and faces Bela who looks up at her excitedly.

Alcina: Now, you did a good job at this capture. But I have a better idea for him.

Cory started to sweat and tear up, his fear was immeasurable he didn't want to die.

Alcina: Since you've done so well Bela and have behaved so well since your last mistake, I have something for you.

Bela nodded excitedly waiting for Alcina to reveal it.

Alcina looked at Cory with a charming smile.