Chapter 7: Renegades

It was the next day and everyone was at Mary's house. They usually had meetings at Max's apartment but because they got back late last night from Hollows Grove, everyone decided to go there instead. Jake had brought the twins with him and everyone was discussing how they could help. Most weren't understanding and to be honest, Jake didn't fully understand what was happening either.

"Sorry, say that again" said Max. "They're like Daniel and Ilya and Abiel?"

"Well they don't have the same ability but yes, pretty much" replied Jake.

"Wait, where is Ilya?" Asked Mary, looking around the room.

"He left, he couldn't risk getting caught by Abiel" answered Christian.

"Listen, neither of us two really has a complete idea about what the twins are talking about either" said Lu. "They basically sprung this news on us as well."

"And what is that news?" Wondered Marge.

"They already said" responded Jade, already getting fed up with the situation. "Those two things can do something maybe useful."

"Things?" added Sun, looking at Jade with a questioning which just earned back a shrug.

"Sorry, I'm just struggling to understand why we would risk the twins getting hurt and how they could even help get someone close enough to Abiel" said Mary.

This entire time, the twins had been watching everyone sort of argue. They understood everything that was being said and they knew how to make everyone else understand what Jake and Lu were trying to say. They looked at one another and then back to everyone else. They then grabbed each other's hand, stood up and coughed so everyone would look at them. Once that had happened, they both closed their eyes and within a couple of seconds they were gone. Some people in the room audibly gasped and some just looked concerned. After about a minute of no one saying anything, the twins reappeared and sat back down.

"Oh right" said Mary, everyone looking at the twins in shock. "I get it now."

- • -

"How long have you two known you could do that?" Asked Jake, crouching down in front of the twins.

"Not long" answered Sarah with a smile.

"We think we've been doing it for longer then we've known we could do it" added Bobby.

"That would explain why you guys didn't smell like variants" said Max.

"And why they weren't killed at The Isle when Lucas took them" replied Christian. "No one could see them."

"Alright well, now we know what they can do getting close to Abiel should be easy" said Marge.

"True but remember what I said before, are we really going to put them at risk like this?" Replied Mary. "Let's be honest, this is a full on war. We can't willing take children into that."

"We're 13" said the twins at the same time.

"Mary's right" said Max. "We can't even guarantee any of our safety so how are we supposed to guarantee it for those two."

"We can help though" replied Bobby.

"We know you can but it's just too dangerous" said Jake. "The closest thing to siblings I've ever had is Mary and Lu and I never want anything bad to happen to them. Now that I actually have siblings, I worry about that sort of thing even more."

"We're braver then you think" replied Sarah. "We've seen what's happening on TV and we always hear you guys talking. We know how dangerous the world is nowadays but we might your only chance of getting close to the guy causing all of this."