Chapter 8: Till I See You Again

It had been 5 days since the four of Abiel's warriors first appeared at the mine which meant it had been 3 days since Abiel first destroyed Hollows Grove. Since then, anyone that was still alive in the surrounding area had been evacuated to either the city or to Little Hope. The area was cut off from the rest of the world since the the British Government had called for a barricade to be put up. The arm had also moved into the area and were doing their best to handle Abiel and his four horsemen. However, as you can imagine, it was going how they hoped it would. No soldier could get close enough with one of the four warriors easily getting rid of them and that usually meant killing them. Long range weapons were no use either because whenever one was fired at Abiel, Hondo would take it out with some of his electricity. It was like a fortress without the actual fortress. In the time the army had been there, about three fifths of their forces had been taken out and their dropping numbers didn't show any signs of slowing down.

- • -

The next day, Mary and everyone else were already on their way to Hollows Grove. They were going to have to fight in the day because they had a better chance of getting into the blocked off area. The army doesn't attack at night which meant they'd all be outside at some sort of camp, making the chances of everyone getting spotted higher. Before they left Little Hope, everyone had said goodbye to anyone that mattered to them. Jake had said goodbye to his dad and his now extended family that included Christie, Lu had said goodbye to her own dad and Paul as well since he was like a second father to her, Daniel had said goodbye to Claudia, the twins had said goodbye to Paul and Christie, and Mary had said goodbye to pretty much all the people that were just named. Since she didn't actually have any family of her own anymore, they were all like family to her and probably the closest she was ever going to get.

"Alright, so here's the plan" said Jake, everyone listening in carefully. "We will all sneak in with the army into the cordoned off area, since they only attack during the day that'll give us a higher chance of not being noticed by them because they're too distracted."

"What happens if we are noticed?" Asked Daniel.

"Not much we can do about that, we just have to keep going" answered Sun.

"Yeah, no matter what we have to get in there" said Jake. "Anyway, as soon as we're in, Mary will split off with the twins and Daniel whilst everyone else heads straight for the four horsemen. We have all been assigned teams to help deal with one of them each."

"I better not be with someone I hate" replied Jade.

"You're with Christian" said Jake. "Is that alright?"

"Yeah that's fine" replied Jade.

"Great" said Jake, rolling his eyes. "So, Jade and Christian will deal with Jamila which is the portal one, me and Lu will deal with Bennu which is the fast one, Max and Ciara will deal with Anippe which is the energy one, and Marge and Sun will deal with Hondo which is the lightning one. Is that alright with everyone?"

"Yep, I'm good with that" replied everyone in their own separate way.

"Cool" said Jake. "Whilst we're all doing that, hopefully they should all be too distracted to protect Abiel. Mary, Daniel and the twins will have been making their way towards Abiel this entire time using their different abilities to protect themselves and Mary from any attacks. But obviously they shouldn't come from any of the horsemen because they'll be busy and hopefully none from Abiel either because he's meant to be saving up his power."

"And what do we do about Abiel being able to sense us?" Wondered Marge.

"Well, if he sense any of us it shouldn't matter because we won't be anywhere near him" responded Jake. "He shouldn't be able to sense Mary when she's getting close because her presence will be blocked by Daniel and the twins being the same thing as he is."