17: Falling Apart

>fast forward to dinner<

The plan was to make Jungkook jealous if he completely doesn't acknowledge everyone else. Namjoon and I walked in together to see the rest of Bangtan minus Jungkook. Jin frowned as we sat down.

"I thought Jungkoo would be with you Sohyun," Jin said. Namjoon sighed.

"May's in town," he said. The rest of Bangtan groaned. Tae flopped onto Jimin's shoulder.

"That girl is so annoying dude," Taehyung said.

"Tell me about it," Jimin replied. And just like that the main attractions walked in. May had linked arms with Jungkook and waved at everyone, who waved back. Jungkook sat next to me and May sat next to him. Namjoon was on the other side of me.

"Bangtan! So good to see you again," May said as she finally unlinked her arm from Jungkook.

"A pleasant surprise," Jin replied.

"As if," Yoongi mumbled. Hoseok elbowed him. May looked back at Jungkook

"Kookie, this was so perfect! We should go to the beach tomorrow," she said. I saw Tae roll his eyes. Jungkook chuckled.

"Would love to May, but I think I have some recordings to do with Namjoon hyung," Jungkook replied. May pouted.

"But Kookie, I'm only here for a little bit," she said.

"Same damn line every time," Namjoon mumbled. We ordered, the food came, and yet all of us were alive yet dying from hearing May's voice every five seconds. I nudged Namjoon before standing up with my glass of water. Everyone looked at me and I smiled.

"In honor of our two-week anniversary, I propose a toast to Jungkook and I," I said as I looked at Jungkook. He was grinning before he stood next to me. He looped an arm around my waist and I giggled.

"Thank you for being my girlfriend, Sohyun," he said.

"Thank you for being my boyfriend, Kook," I replied. I kissed his nose and he kissed mine back. The rest of Bangtan cheered for us. May sat there with a frown. Jungkook dug in his pocket for a jewelry box. He opened it and showed me a heart necklace with our engravings on the back.

'JJK x YSN' how cute.

I grinned as he put it on me. I pulled out my gift and he awed at it. I put it on him and he kissed my forehead.

"I love you baby," he said.

"WHOOOO," the boys shouted. Jungkook was about to kiss me when May shouted in pain as she collapsed onto the ground. Jungkook whirled around and bent down to check on May.

"May, are you alright?" Jungkook asked worriedly.

"My stomach is hurting Jungkook. I think I ate something bad," she said while she looked miserable. Taehyung scoffed and was about to get up but Jimin stopped him. I watched as Taehyung glared at Jimin who just shook his head.

"Do you need to go to the hospital?" he asked. She nodded. "Can you get up?" he asked. She shook her head.

"What a load of bullshit," Yoongi said loudly. Everyone turned to look at him shocked.

"Hyung!" Jungkook yelled annoyed.

"Yoongi," Jin said lowly. Yoongi scoffed.

"If you can't see through her bullshit Jungkook, then we shouldn't be friends," Yoongi told him. Jungkook stood up and glared at Yoongi.

"Hyung, May is hurt. This isn't a joke," Jungkook said defensively. This time Taehyung stood up. His chair made screeching noises at how abrupt he stood.

"She's not hurt, Jungkook," Taehyung said.

"Taehyung," Jimin said, standing up to try to calm him down. Taehyung shook him off.

"I'm tired of lying every single time Jimin. Yoongi hyung is right to speak up now," Taehyung said.

"Taehyung, what are you talking about?!" Jungkook exclaimed. Taehyung scoffed.

"PLEASE Jungkook. Every damn time she shows up it's like no one else exists. Hell even your job doesn't even exist. You have blown off so many group activities that when May comes, all of us just push our schedules back until she leaves," Taehyung says exasperated. Jungkook knots his eyebrows.

"That's not true hyung-"

"Jungkook, it is true," Jin says as he stands up. Hoseok stands up as well. Only Namjoon is sitting in deep thought.

"Jin hyung."

"Jungkook, you have no right to yell at anyone here who is trying to make you see the issue at hand," Jin says.

"There is no issue hyung," Jungkook replies. Jin sighs and looks at me with a sad smile.

"Kook, there is a problem," I say as I reach out for his hand. He moves back and frowns. My eyes widen a little, and everyone else hold their breaths.

"Sohyun, you shouldn't even be speaking about this. We've been dating for like two weeks," Jungkook says to me.

"Jungkook!" Jin yells.

"Jeon Jungkook, you bastard," Taehyung says as Jimin holds him back. Yoongi just glares at the youngest as Hoseok sighs.

Kim Namjoon, you were right.

The phrase 'honeymoon' kept echoing through my head as I stood there.

"What! I have known May longer than I have known all of you! I know May. She isn't lying. She is hurt!" Jungkook yells. Namjoon stands up and slams his hand on the table making everyone go silent and turn to look at him.

"You have been running your mouth at your hyungs too long. If you choose May over all of us then so be it, but do not disrespect anyone here," Namjoon says as he pushes me behind him. I look up at the back of Namjoon's head.

"I agree with the rest that there has been a certain person causing a problem in Bangtan, and I apologize for not addressing this sooner as a leader. May is detrimental to BTS if she keeps this up, Jungkook. You have to make time for your job. Not necessarily hanging out with us,but you cannot dedicate all of your time to her either," Namjoon says to Jungkook. Jungkook scoffs.

"How would you feel if your childhood best friend only came every 6 months to visit Namjoon!" Jungkook yelled with tears in his eyes. "All this pressure from BTS makes me just want to take a break from everything and everyone. When May comes, I get that chance!" Namjoon shakes his head.

"If Bangtan hanging outside of work schedules, being family with one another, and having a girlfriend don't count as relieving pressure, then I don't think you should be a part of our family," Namjoon says with his head down.

"Kim Namjoon, don't you say it," Jin says with tears threatening to fall.

"Jeon Jungkook, you have two days to figure out what you want to do. In two days, I will go to Bang PD-Nim and tell him to relieve you of your duties as a member of BTS," Namjoon says as he stares into Jungkook's surprised eyes.

"Hyung," Jimin pleads. Namjoon shakes his head.

"Two fucking days Jungkook, and then I draft the contract," Namjoon says.

"Let's go," Hoseok says as he grabs Yoongi and Jin to pull them out the door. Taehyung grabs Jimin's arm and pulls him out too leaving Jungkook, Namjoon, May, and me to be there. Namjoon wraps an arm around my shoulder gently giving me a small smile as I look at him like a lost puppy. Then he turns back to Jungkook with a stern stare.

"Get your shit together or get out. I'm done babying your ass," Namjoon says before taking me and leaving. Jungkook stands there with tears running down his face as he stares at the floor.