CHAPTER 4

DANIEL

"DANIEL, I can't believe you called me. I was so worried about you. Why won't you talk to me?"My mother said as she exhaled, I could literally see her beaming.

I took in a deep breath already exhausted; I looked at Benjamin and immediately regret it. He had a victory smirk on his face and was standing there grinning like an idiot. Ignoring him I sighed and answered my dear mother.

"Yes mom... I was busy" I turned away from my housekeeper and sat down on the couch.

"Busy like really... you could have at least texted me. I was so worried" she exclaimed.

"But as I told you I was busy and I am not a child to call you every fucking day" I tried not to yell.

"Language! This isn't the way you talk to your mother" she scolded. Of course. This is the reason I don't call her often. I get irritate very fast and she doesn't like when I answer her back; yelling at her is not even an option.

"I am sorry" I gave in and heard someone chuckle behind me. Probably because the only person I ever apologize is my mother. I let out a harsh breath as I tried my best to ignore that someone. Even if I rule an empire I have to apologize to my mom; and everyone know how this works.

"Good, so have you thought about my offer Daniel? I have been waiting for your answer. You have to get settled at some point in life child and I can help you." She brought the topic I was avoiding since a month. How nice she said settled and child in the same sentence. And I know her idea of helping me. I love her but she can't force me to marry some rich brat, who doesn't even know how to make tea, just to expand my business.

That is definitely not what I need.

"I know a girl..."I cut her off "Mom I already told you I don't want to get married and your idea of a girl is different than mine" I rubbed my forehead trying to ease the tension.

"Let me finish. There is a sweet girl, not a gold digger. Actually your dad saw her in Walker's Enterprise last week and he is talking about her since then. He is sure you will like her. You should meet her once." Aaron never said dad visited him.

Okay that is not important. I know my father's choice and my mother is his best one. But still he can't decide who I will marry.

"Mom I really don't want to get married so soon" I whined. This is too much for me to take.

"Did I say you are getting married tomorrow? We just asked you to meet her. And you know how important marriage is when it comes to being a CEO." I know she is right because stability is important but still.

"I'll think about it mom" I know by getting married I will lose my bachelor life but it's not like I sleep around. Work is my priority. I get laid sometimes but no one really does satisfy me.

I hung up the phone after hearing her beam about how happy she is that I called and that I'll think about the marriage thing. I look up and saw Benjamin. Ugh. I forgot he was still there.

"So..." he started wanting to know the details. I sometimes think I have a lady housekeeper. He is always ready for gossips.

"Nothing happened" I said getting up heading to my room. As expected he follows me. God!

"My boy here is going to get married" he exclaimed as I slammed the door on his face. I heard him laugh as I walk into the bathroom to take a long shower.

~~~~~

"Wow! Danny is going to get married" I sighed. Aaron here is acting like Benjamin today and Benjamin cannot keep things in his stomach.