CHAPTER 37

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.
THE WORD ITSELF SAYS 'I'M POSSIBLE!'

*****

EVA

The Large doors to the cathedral opened.

Several pairs of eyes shifted to me as I stepped onto the platform. My eyes remained on my feet as I carefully walked over. Surprisingly my breath was normal and I was more than thankful to the two men who made sure I didn't fall.

With a deep breath, I lifted my head.

The entire room was dimmed. Enormous chandeliers, the jewellery of architecture, were illuminated above our heads. Numerous flickering candles were lit. Red rose petals were exquisitely scattered all over the aisle. A small smile broke on my face.

A beautiful fairytale wedding every girl dreams of.

There were huge smiles on the faces of the guests sitting in several rows, most of them holding small glowing bouquets. My eyes met the ones of my family sitting in the first row on the left side of the aisle.

My hold on the gorgeous rose bouquet in my hand tightened as I felt a certain pair of dark and intense orbs on me. But I dare not look up.

Not because I was scared, if anything it's he who needs to be afraid of the consequences of his own actions.

I felt a light squeeze on my left hand. James whispered a soft thank you in my ear before heading over to his seat. My father helped me take a few steps ahead, his hand on my back.

And that's when I let my eyes shift to my future husband.

Standing in all his glory, wearing an expensive black tuxedo. His hair was styled elegantly. Those blue eyes fixed on me with a burning gaze.

A shiver ran down my spine. He looked so...fine.

Mr. Knight's lips parted slightly as he took me in. As usual his eyes told a different story.

Once dad took his name he turned to him, a strange look in his gaze as nodded his head firmly. I hugged my father before he placed my hand in Daniel's calloused ones.

I forced myself to shift my eyes to the priest as he asked everyone to sit down. Daniel took my other hand in his, his eyes cold and dark.

The priest proceeded speaking, "Dearly beloved, we are here assembled in the presence of God on this incredible day that God made just for you."

I pressed my lips together, careful not to smudge the lipstick.

This is my marriage.

"We are all gathered here to join this man and woman in holy matrimony which is blessed by our Lord Jesus Christ..."

Daniel shamelessly checked me out, lingering his eyes on certain places and I managed not to frown or blush in front of everyone. "Let us pause for a moment to ask for the God's blessings on this incredible day..."

Everyone closed their eyes as he said some prayers. I tried to relax myself as I felt a thumb caress the back of my hand. The priest shared about love, trust, honor and loyalty which I listened intently.

He asked us to lit a large candle together as a sign of unity and we did it with no emotions. The priest said something to Daniel and I looked up at him. His eyes snapped to me, a wicked glint in them.

"I, Daniel Knight, take thee, Eva Wilson, to be my lawfully wedded wife..."

His jaw clenched. "To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better for worst, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health,"