Chapter 2: Five Sticks Positive

Hey fellow Wattpadders!

Just a short note to remind you to:

COMMENT.VOTE.FAN

Arrivaderci, anireader328

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talitha's POV

It's been a couple of hours since I called Alexa.

Alexa Reader is one of my best friends. We had a group in highschool which consisted of me, Alexa, Mary McDougnuh and Alexis Baker. We kind of seperated after graduation. They all went off to go to their famous colleges. I didn't get in to Yale like I wanted too so I just stayed home and went to a community college. Alexa went to Harvard, Mary went to Julliard and Alexis went to Princeton.

After four years in college, I moved out from my parents' place and went to New York. It was not easy and I'm naturally lazy so I aimed at the small jobs with minimum wages which worked out well for my lifestyle in the Big Apple. It took a lot of getting used to though.

I found out what the rest of the gang are doing. Alexa became a really famous author and journalist. Mary became a well-renowned singer in a band and is touring the world to perform. Alexis owned the a well-known bakery and company. Wow, when you look at it, it looks like I'm the black sheep in the group. They achieved what they've always told me about in highschool and me? I just played safe in what I felt like it.

I'm still close to Alexa even after highschool. She was the one who told me about what Mary and Alexis had been doing since she is a journalist and all. I'm also in touch with Alexis but not that much. She seems so busy most of the times.

Suddenly, I heard the chime of the doorbell. I lift myself off the couch to answer the door. I opened the door to find Alexa, stylish as ever, holding a pharmacy labelled plastic bag. She directly went inside my apartment and placed the plastic bag on the coffee table.

"So here are the kits" she says to me.

"Thanks" I say softly. I expected her to leave already because I know she's also busy and she just told me a week ago that she's writing a big novel or something.

"Don't you have a tight schedule?" I ask. Alexa shook her head.

'I told my secretary to clear it all today" she says "how can I work when my best friend needs me?"

"Awww" I say, nudging her arm "we're getting so cheesy already, Dan"

She smirks then softly shrugged my hand away.

"Shut up" she says.

"You like Dan" I tease, imitating Sandra Bullock from the movie Ms. Congeniality"and you wanna love him, you wanna kiss him, you wanna hug him, you wanna marry him"

"Just pee on the sticks already, Stalker" she says to me. I nod my head, dramatically then took the plastic bag and went to the bathroom.

I peed on about five sticks. Alexa said that we needed to be sure or else it's gonna end up like in that Marley & Me where that woman did the test once and it turns out she wasn't pregnant. I called Alexa to help me figure out what the lines meant because to be honest with you, I'm severly clueless about all of this.

I saw Alexa's eyes widen and her mouth shaped into a small 'O'.

"Well?" I ask.

"We need to go to a doctor" Alexa says, dragging me by the hand going to the living room. She then practically yelled at me to put my coat on. I groaned and she glared at me for a moment. She knows that I don't like her glares. It seems like a knife to your soul. Don't tell me I'm dramatic because it's true.