Chapter 9: The Stare-Off!

Hey guys! ^.^

Please don't forget to COMMENT because I would really like to know what you think of my story.

Also VOTE if you like the chapter :)

FAN me if you like :)

Thanks to those reading my story!!!

Ciao, anireader328

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talitha's POV

I was still dumbfounded with Sound gripping on my hand. I have to say that the dude has a tight grip. That can even be an understatement. My mouth was opening since I was gonna say something to him but then suddenly, someone cleared their throat which made me close my mouth again and pretty much stopped me from saying anything.

Who could that be?

I quickly pulled my hand out of Sound's grip and turned around. I saw Siote. Oh man, he must've thought I was flirting with the client or something. I hope that he doesn't think that.

My eyes widened when I saw a sudden change in his blank expression. His face turned tense and his hands were clenched into fists.

He seems.... mad?

Why would he?

Could he be possibly jealous?

I shook that thought out of my head. No, that couldn't be, can 't?

I turned to face Sound. Well, I was really curious to what hhis expression would be like. His face was also tense but he showed a slight smrik of arrogance, or something.

The whole atmosphere became so tense and also eerily quiet. It made me really uncomfortable. It seems like they are a part of those world- boxing leagues or something. You know, like the kind of atmosphere they have before they start the brawl. My mind is expecting a bell to ring then an announcer guy would shout out. 'Round One!'.

Okay, now this silence tension is making me twitchy.

"Umm..." I mutter out, trying to break the awkwardness.

My attempt failed, by the way. You know why?

They did not move, speak or respond. Fudge, they didn't even blink!

I don't get it at all. I mean, seriously, what's with the atmosphere? It's freaking me out and weren't they supposed to have their meeting like a couple minutes ago. They should've started their stare-off their in the meeting room than here so that I won't be stuck  in the middle of it.

"Siote? Mr. Maine?" I say in a very loud voice.

That seemed to catch their attention because they began to blink their eyes as if they've just broken out from a trance or something.

Whew. Finally.

They look at me for a moment then began to look at each other again.

"Mr. Maine" Siote says.

"Please, Mr. Chuy, it's Sound" Sound says in a cocky voice. Siote scowls. I roll my eyes because I can sense that they're gonna start their senseless stare-off again.

Oh, look. They did. I groaned in frustration.

"Um, excuse me," I say aloud, catching their attention. Yes! "but don't you have a private meeting to attend to?"

"Right" Siote says.

"Yup" Sound says, popping the 'p'.

Okay, it's official. They are making my job harder than it looks. Ugh. Spare me a little mercy, please.

"Do I need to accompany you to the meeting room?" I ask.

Please say no. Please say no.

Siote shakes his head.

Yes!

"We'll head there ourselves" he says. I nod then they began to head their way to the meeting room. I settle back in my chair and started to read the reports on my desk.

"Oh, Talitha" Siote calls out. I lift my head, seeing him turn his direction to me, smiling. I blush. 

Fudge.

"Thanks for the coffee" he says "best I've ever tasted"

"Umm," I stutter "t-thank you, Mr. Chu-, I mean, Siote"

His smile got wider and then he nods and pulled a curious Sound along with him.

I slump in my chair. I shake my head.

No, Talitha, you have to focus on work now.

I scan at my computer screen to check for updates and upcoming meeting requests when suddenly Siote's smiling face made its way to my mind.

Ugh, sheesh!

Darn that smile of his!

Talitha, focus! Stop heating up your cheeks!

A few minutes pass and his image still floated in my mind. I can't seem to concentrate even though I kept shouting to myself to focus.

Oh, man.

I said it once and I'll say it again.

Ahem.

Darn that dude's hotness

Siote's POV

 It has been a half hour being in the meeting room with Sound. We talked about business and about some new segments that would be part of the magazine in the next issue. Our conversation was strictly professional but the atmosphere in the room was an awkward silence. I'm just hoping for this meeting to end already.

My hand clenches for a moment, remembering Sound gripping on Talitha's hand.

Are they familiar with each other, or something?

One thing's for sure is that it kind of pissed me off. Pissing me off is never a good thing. At all.

"So," Sound says, catching me off- guard "got yourself a new secretary, huh?"

He then grins. My hands clench tighter making my knuckles go pale.

Am I jealous?

"She caught your attention or something?" I ask.

"Maybe," he says "she's quite... interesting"

His grin gets wider.

"She's single, right?" he asks.

Is she?

I kind of hope so.

Do I?

I shrug, not knowing the answer myself.

"Maybe," I say "so about these segments..."

"They're fine," he says immediately "I think our meeting was already over since a few minutes"

I didn't say anything. I just nodded. He was right anyways. Our discussion about the segments was pretty quick, if I should say so myself.

We started arrranging our papers ang got off our seats. We then head to the door.

"Also, Siote" he says "expect me in the office more"

My eyebrows furrowed.

Why?

"Oh?" he says "you don't normally stay in the office"

"Let's just say there's something or someone keeping me here" he says, grinning.

I stop but he continues walking.

I shake my head. My chest tightens.

Do I feel... threatened?

No, that couldn't be, can it?