Chapter 7

When Avocato had awoken from his little cat-nap he mentally cursed himself, wondering if Gary had taken offence to it.
The human was kind enough to allow him to stay and Avocato felt guilt brewing inside of him even if the human's intentions were so he wouldn't be alone any longer.

Looking around, Avocato wondered how such a....thin human managed to carry him from the couch to all the way to the bedroom upstairs.

"Alright-" he forced himself up, his whole body wanting to remain in bed but his consciousness telling him to apologise to Gary.
Though, when he arrived downstairs, Gary wasn't there. He looked everywhere, feeling nervous about looking through someone else's things, but finding the place empty.

"Right...his room" he smacked his forehead, having forgotten that having a room was a possibility.
He climbed up the stairs, looking at the pictures on the wall. They were photographs with Gary's face sticked to all their faces- must have belonged to the people who lived here previously.
Avocato couldn't help but chuckle at a certain picture of a man hugging a pregnant woman from behind, the man having a horrified Gary and the lady winking.
If payed enough attention to, some photographs had doodles included, stars, planets, speech bubbles etc... It only added to the suspicion that Gary was a man child.

"Gady?" Avocato knocked once he was in front of Gary's door, it wasn't hard to miss as it was straight across 'his' room and had "Captain Gary" scribbled in yellow.
He waited a bit only to huff as there was no reply from the blond

"I'm coming in" he warned but still waited a second before doing so.

The room... it certainly spelled out Gary.
It was cramped with stuff and looked messy but Avocato knew (from having a son) that it was tidied in Gary's own way- for example, he had a shelf where things were placed on accordingly, one with cameras, other with toys that his son once insisted were action figures.

His eyes examined a whiteboard with "INN" written on it (one of the N's written the flipped around) and felt himself smile at the stick-men doodles across it. Was this an ongoing plan of Gary's or had he just recently thought of it?

"Hm?" He glanced behind the board to see the other side before gently flipping around. On the other side was a hand drawn map held up by cute magnets. Some boxes on the whiteboard in different colors with label to explain why certain areas were colored differently- such as "dangerous!" Or "personal favs!".
Some sticky notes were placed across the crayon colored map, Avocato was honestly impressed Gary managed to do this much work. They were notes on the zombies, ideas on how to capture them and so on.
There was a star sticker on where the weapon shop was, with the date Gary and Avocato had first met.

There were no clothes on the floor, though, nor rubbish as Avocato might have expected. Instead, there was a huge ball of  hidden beneath a blanket in the half closed closet.

"Gary?" Avocato approached the ball, pulling the blanket only to have a pile of stuffed animals fall out of the closet.

Did Gary try hide these away? Why?

"Gary?" He called out a bit louder, looking around and noticing that the door to his bathroom wasn't closed so he couldn't possibly be there.

Turning back around in defeat, Avocato sighed as he walked back to his room

"Huh?" He perked up to see a note on his door that he probably had missed. It was some blue paper, stuck on the door by some tape that had stars on it. Definitely Gary.
Gently, Avocato took the note in hand, careful not to rip it, and began to read:

"Dear B̶r̶o̶s̶k̶i̶  Avocato!

I out to enjoy the weather and gather some of my fvourite snacks! :D♡
I would've asked you of you wantd to come with or wanted anything bt you looked like you rally needed sleep (no offenc dude) !
P̶l̶u̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶k̶i̶t̶t̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶l̶e̶e̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶u̶t̶e̶

Fel free to explore the house! Eat anything and as mch as you like, I've got cool games if you wanna try - please save my gameplay before putting nother in!!

I won't be out for long! :D

Your bestest friend in the whole infected world,

Gary G̶o̶o̶d̶s̶p̶  ☆"

Avocato read that with....much attention. It was as if reading a child's note if he had to be honest.
There were words and letters missing, plus there seemed to be an unusual amount of exclamation marks. Even so...Avocato took the letter in and placed it neatly on his bedside- finding the imperfections and silly doodles to prove that Gary was certainly a living being and that Avocato hadn't gone delusional.

"Okay..." Gary huffed, he was on rollerskating, a small camera on his forehead recording everything, backpack strapped tightly on his back, hairspray in hand and his mother's lighter on the other "This is not going as planned"

Currently Gary was... you guessed it! Surrounded!
Though not by regular zombies, no

"This is...midly concerning" he hopped, his bag making a clicking sound from the bottles of booze and books hitting against eachother.

He had gone to the library to gather some more books to do some independent learning, sometimes a tutorial by a guy whose accent you can barely understand isn't helpful enough.
Obviously Gary would never admit he studied by himself even if the world had been announced doomed. It was easy for him to gather interest and lose interest in things, causing him to try learn all about a certain thing until he claims it to be boring.

This, however, wasn't the case. He wanted to make an Inn and for that he needs to research about it! He decided to start with making his network stronger and maybe even plant some satellite dishes outside of town so more would get WiFi and possibly see his videos!
He'd figure out how to hack every device that used his Internet to watch his videos later.

After his little trip to the library he stopped by to "buy" some drinks only to be surrounded by--
"AAAAH HOOKERS!" He screamed once the creeper closer, skating in place quickly in panic.

"It's hooker zombies!!" He screeched louder, falling flat on his butt. Wincing in pain, Gary was quick to spray the air before clicking his lighter, making some fire appear in front of him. He kept pressing but the zombies just didn't seem to be affected by the fire

"AAAH!" Gary screamed in horror, watching their faces disintegrate as they reached forth.

"He IS funny" she laughed as she leaned closer to the kid

"Right?" The boy looked up, he had been showing one of the many videos he downloaded from "Thunder Bandit" a YouTuber who had began recording since the apocalypse began.

"My favourites so far is the Big Nightmares series" she pointed out "his reactions are so funny"

"That seems like something you'd like- personally, I like his vlogs" he replied before sighing "they make me feel less alone..."

"...hey- now I'm here as well" she tried to cheer him up, placing an arm around him awkwardly

"Yeah you right, thanks Ash"

"Of course, Little Cato"

((I didn't double check this chapter so sorry if something doesn't make sense~))