Chapter XI "Christmas"

Avalea had left her grandfather's office after a failed attempt of a calm discussion. She talked to him about their secret, she planned on telling Bill about her real identity or more so who her grandfather was but he told her she couldn't tell him. She left after her grandfather had to leave because of an issue but not after she gave him an ultimatum. She told him that if the relationship or rather when the relationship progressed to engagement she would come clean to Bill no one else but Bill should know in the case of engagement. He should know what family he would marry into. Avalea's grandfather agreed to that but she was still furious when she left. Her sister had written her that apparently a chamber hidden in the castle had been opened and fear was starting to course through the castle. Arnica's and Avalea's parents weren't concerned yet, they felt like Arnica was safest in the castle with all the brilliant teachers the school had. She apparated straight to work where Miss Gideon asked Avalea to talk. She greeted some coworkers on her way to Ms. Gideon's office. She was asked to come inside after she knocked.

"Hello Paige, you wanted to see me?" Avalea asked and Ms. Gideon nodded.

"Yes I need to talk to you." She said and asked Avalea to sit. Ava sat down, a little worried.

"So as you already know we are in the preparation of building and opening another Magic Zoo and care sanctuary." Paige started.

"Yes I have heard although no one seems to know where it's going to be built." Avalea said, a little suspicious.

"Well it was unclear for a while. I had specialists take a look on where to build it and they came up with Africa, Egypt to be exact." Paige started.

"Most of the creatures we find and bring back are from the tropical parts of the world and most of them we find in Africa so we came up with it being the best place to open it there."

"That's great. Will we transfer some of the creatures we have here to the sanctuary there?" Ava asked.

"That is the plan, creatures like the Fwooper and the Wampus Cat hate the British weather so it would probably be best to transfer them into a more appropriate climate." Paige began. "Now you are probably wondering what you have to do with the new sanctuary. I trust you the most from anyone who works here and I was wondering if you would like to be my co chief for the sanctuary in Egypt?" Paige finished. It took a moment to sink into Avalea's mind what Paige wanted.

"You want me to be the Chief of the sanctuary in Egypt?" Avalea asked baffled.

"Yes that is my question. I know moving to a different country is difficult especially because your family is here but I've heard you talking about your best friend who lives in Egypt so I thought you would take it, or at least think about it." Paige said. Avalea was shocked and speechless. She absolutely did not expect that. The possibility of moving, as she had previously thought about only a few months ago could now become reality. For a little moment she thought that it might be too early but then her thoughts drifted to a what if she actually moved there.

"He's my boyfriend now actually but it's still quite early. Can I have a couple of days to think about the offer and talk to him about it?" Avalea asked and Paige nodded understanding.

"Of course, take a few days to think about it and tell me your decision as soon as you know." Paige said, continued to elaborate some of the details to her and after Avalea said goodbye to Paige before she left the office. She worked for the rest of the day even though she was lost in her thoughts. She couldn't shake the thought that it might be too early to make such a permanent decision. Would Bill be okay with her moving to Egypt or did he also think it was too early? Avalea admitted that she would love the idea to live close to Bill again. After all they were by each other's side since they were 11 years old. After Ava finished work she apparated home and thought about who she could confide in on this topic but the only person she wanted to tell was Bill. She decided to wait until it was half past five in the afternoon for her to apparate to Egypt. She knew he would be home because 5:30 PM in Britain meant it was 7:30 PM in Egypt so she apparated to Bill's house and knocked on the door. It took a little bit but the door opened and Bill looked surprised and then worried.