Chapter 6

I arrived in Aurora's cottage to see the beautiful princess in a tangle of vines. She had hair so yellow it almost seemed to glow. Her eyes were a deep blue ocean.
"Are you alright?" I asked urgently.
"Yes," Aurora replied. "What's your name?" she inquired.
"My name is Jessica," I answered. "I've come to deliver your bread."
"Thank you. I've been waiting for this for a week. Bread deliveries haven't been on time lately. Help me out of these vines," she commanded. I got on my knees as I attempted to undo a mass of tangled mess.
"How did you get in this?" I questioned.
"I don't know," she answered. "I was fast asleep in my bed and I woke up to this tangled mess. What are you doing here in the middle of Magic Kingdom of this time of night?" she inquired. I was getting tired of explaining this to everyone I met.
"I was locked inside and I can't find my family. I'm looking for help. Repuzel said that if I make all these bread deliveries she'll help me," I replied through I series of grunts as I tried to untangled Aurora. After I few more tries she was free. She let out a sigh of relief.

Let me see the list," Aurora commanded. I held it out to her and she quickly snatched it from me. "Hmm," she said as she studied the list. "I think I can make the rest of the deliveries for you. Just stay here and rest," she ordered. I wasn't going to lie. Rest was just what I needed. I plopped myself down on the fluffy couch and tried to forget all the peculiar things that happened to me tonight. As I pondered over Aurora's story, I began to wonder what caused her to be tangled up. I also worried what I would do in the morning when the park opened. I couldn't just stay here. People would wonder where I came from. I decided to ask Aurora for help when she returned. I slowly closed my eyes and drifted into a deep sleep.

What seemed like five hours later I awoke to the sound of Aurora's soothing voice.
"I delivered the bread," she whispered. I said nothing as I rubbed my eyes, still not quite awake. "You should probably get going now," she spoke. Slowly I flopped off the couch to get ready to leave.
"I'll fix you some porridge before you leave," Aurora offered. I nodded in response. "Oh and take some bread too," she added as she began to stir the porridge. "It makes you invisible to visitors for a week and it only works during the day."

"Is that why I could never see you during the day?" I asked.

"Yep. We characters have to keep hidden from the outside world to keep people from questioning things that they have no right to question about." She answered as she poured the thick porridge into an orange bowl and served it to me. I began shoveling porridge into my mouth as if I hadn't eaten in years.

"What kind of things?" I asked through a mouthful of porridge.

"Things that could change the way humans view the world," she replied. "You better get going to Repunzel soon! Also take this compass. You tell it where to go and the compass will point you there." She said handing me the half silver half bronze compass. "I have no use for it anyways."

After finishing my porridge I made my way to the door.

"What are people around here hiding?" I wondered to myself as I stumbled outside taking the bread,the music box,and the compass with me.