Chapter 1 - Soulmates

"Wait, don't go, please!" Zander's mother screeched, falling to her pale knees. His father scoffed. "Why? You're a liar! A cheat!" Audrey clenched her fists, reviving a sudden confidence boost. "I'm not a cheat! He left me!" She growled. Oliver felt around for the banister, holding onto it tightly after finding it.

"And I want him gone, too." He groaned, but obviously talking about his son, Zander. Audrey sprinted over to her pale son and picked him up. Zander began weeping in her arms.

"Mommy, what's going on?" He mumbled, soft tears piercing his beautiful periwinkle eyes. "Shh~" she whispered, cradling him in her arms. Oliver chuckled. "How old is he? Two?" Audrey tensed.

"HOW DARE YOU!" She screamed. Zander cried quietly. A painful silence then filled the air, one which Zander's father eventually broke.

"I'm leaving."

~~~

"Zander, get up. It's like 7." Hailey scoffed. Zander groaned. "It's Saturday." He rolled around in his bed, trying to get comfortable. "That's weird, I thought it was Tuesday." She commented sarcastically. Zander rolled his eyes.

"Fine, I'm getting up." He shuffled out of his bed, feeling for his bedside cabinet. He tightened his grip on it and lifted himself up. Hailey chuckled and ran downstairs. She, unlike the rest of her family, was born with her eyesight. Zander was secretly jealous of her, but he wasn't ready to admit that yet.

Once the young boy had gotten dressed, he stumbled downstairs, holding onto the wooden  bannister for dear life. When he made it down, he said 'good morning' to his mother and step-father and sat down for breakfast.

~~~

"Have a good day, loves!" Audrey cried as her two children waltzed out the front door. "Bye mom!" They exclaimed in union.

Zander sighed as the pair walked through the leafy, autumn path, trying to think of something to say. "So, how's you and Daisy?" He settled on. Hailey turned bright red. She had had a crush on the white haired council leader for years now, and it was only a matter of time before she would tell her how she felt. "We're good." She simply answered. Zander chuckled.

"Am I gripping to tight on you?" The teal haired girl asked. Since Zander couldn't see, every day Hailey would help him walk to school by holding onto his forearm. "No, it's fine." The purple haired boy smiled. Hailey smiled too.

"Hey! Guys!" The pair looked up. Their friend, Milly, was waving at them. "Milly!" Hailey exclaimed. Beside the pink haired girl was a taller black haired boy. "I thought I told you not to scream so loud," he started, "everyone can hear you!" Milly scoffed. "So?" She joked. The two burst out into a fit of laughter as the step-siblings approached them.

"Hey guys." Zander smiled as the laughing calmed down. A sudden 'ding' came from Sean's phone. Milly giggled. "It's from Stacy, isn't it?" Sean blushed and hid his phone from the rest of the group. "N-no!" He tried to convince them. Milly rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right." Sean smirked. "Well, go on then, read some of your texts to Elliot. It was Milly's turn to turn pink.

"I-I! It's embarrassing!" She said, covering her face. "$20 for you to read them out." Zander offered. Milly pulled out her phone in defeat. "That was easy." Sean commented. Everyone, including Milly, laughed at the statement. "Well, go on!" Hailey insisted. "Fine!" Milly rolled her eyes playfully. "'Hey Elly! Love you 😽!'" Everyone, even Milly herself, laughed at the text. "'Elly?'" The pink haired girl giggled, I don't remember writing that!"

Suddenly, the loud school bell rang and groups of students began scurrying into the building at once. "Well, come on guys!" Hailey said, taking Zander's arm again. "Don't forget Zander, you owe me those $20!" Zander scoffed. "Fine!" He joked.

As they all walked into the building, one thing crossed Zander's mind.

"Milly's soulmate is Elliot,
Sean's soulmate is Stacy
Hailey's bound to get with Daisy and she already has her sight,

When am I going to get my soulmate?"

🖤🖤🖤