Chapter VII

Strange, New World

'This is impossible.'

He stared at the TV screen, mouth hanging wide open. Natasha giggled.

They were in the newly constructed Avengers tower. There were so many floors and rooms, everyone now had atleast 5 rooms each. It had now became a routine for the two to meet up in Natasha's room and watch movies and catch Steve up in the new world.

'We just fought with aliens, Captain.'

'You can watch these in colo(u)r inside your homes?' He shook his head. 'Bless this century. You had to pay $100 to watch these kinds of movies. In Europe.'

They were watching A fish called Wanda.

'They have movie ratings now. Stop sleeping.' She smacked the back of his head.

'How far are we?' he asked, rubbing his eyes. They had watched over 8 movies, passing out in most of them. Natasha had walked and made herself at home in his room. She even kept a toothbrush in his bathroom cabinet. Eating his peanut butter sandwich, he turned back, seeing the "fish eating" scene.

'Oh god.' He gagged into his sandwich. 'How did the guy survive? Doesn't the fish flop around his throat? Will she still be alive when she reaches to the stomach? Doesn't the fish have some kinds of bones? What the hell- '

'That's enough for tonight.' She turned off the TV. 'Now I will catch you up with a pretty good topic: dating.'

'Oh jesus,' he said, getting up from the floor, plopping back onto the couch. 'I know the birds and bee stuff.'

'Not that.' She was once again smiling deviously. He gulped.

'Fine, I'll tone it down,' she said, pulling up her phone. 'Mar already sent me the questions.'

'I hate this,' he muttered. Why couldn't he have just called in sick?

'First: Have you ever been attracted to anyone? I mean, you know, physically?'

'Once.' He looked away.

She cleared her throat, noticing his reaction, 'Second: Have you ever made the first move?'

'Once, and I really regret it.'

'Three: Have you ever,' she put up air quotes, '"played" with yourself?'

'I'm a 93 year old man with almost no financial stability. You can take it from here.'

She nodded, poking the insides of her cheek with her tongue. 'Got it. Twice everyday.'

'How many more of these damn games?'

'Just 2. How many people have you kissed?'

'3.'

'Hmm. What was the most interesting thing about your first kiss?'

'It was with my best friend. And I nearly lost him. But now I think I have lost him for good.'

She closed her phone. 'I'm sorry. But, today with Peggy. That was amazing, right?'