FIHWY - 5

An adorable Elsie Fisher as Nikki Taylor, just imagine her a few years younger^^^

Dedicated to Bright_as_night because "She's Bad News" put me through a washing machine cycle of feels.

Also, I don't know if this story makes sense. I don't really pay attention when I write, idk, I just kinda write on autopilot and my thoughts rocket around my brain. Sometimes I'll read what I wrote and I just have random potatoes in there, my bad.

UNEDITIED. Lemme know any mistakes y'all see.

<><><><>

Falling in Hate With You

Chapter Five

                Mr. Hayes didn’t make a fuss when I walked into math; I guess that even he could tell that I was not in the mood for his usual snarky remarks. Plus, I was earlier than I’d been since school started. An hour of meaningless math babble later and I was on my way to Jared’s room for the ten minute snack break. Imagine my surprise when I finally got there and lo and behold, the very focus of my anger was there, talking to Jared.

                Jared spotted me and I knew he was about to call me out, but I gave him a ferocious beheading motion to silence him and ducked into the supply closet. Holding the door open just enough so that I could watch them, I waited impatiently for New Kid to leave.

                He was really, really getting on my nerves today.

                It felt like nine hours later when he finally bid Jared good bye and left. I shoved the door open and stomped out.

                “And may I ask what that was all about?” Jared asked with his stupid eyebrow quirked up.

                “No you may not,” I snapped, “What did he want anyway? Sure took his bloody time.”

                “Really, Tasha? Really? It was barely two minutes.”

                I rolled my eyes to let him know I was not impressed with his traitorous act, “Bite me.”

                Jared sighed. He leaned his forearms on his desk, angling his head and fixing his identical-to-mine brown eyes. Weirdly enough, he and I had always been mistaken for siblings, even if Nevaeh was standing right beside us. I guess it had been because of mine and Jared’s brown-hair-brown-eyes-shy-smile combination. She had been the real beauty though. My sister was the definition of a Tumblr girl. I was more… Twitter than Tumblr, but still better than Facebook.

                “What’s this about then? You seem… angrier than usual.”

                I looked away. I knew Jared would understand where I was coming from, and I knew he would help me realize that I had handled it wrong. But I also knew that in telling him, it would bring him the same devastated feeling I had right now.

                Nikki and I weren’t the only ones that lost my family that day.

                “Tasha?” He asked softly. My heart ached with the concern his voice held for me; the last person that deserved it. I just kept looking away, hoping he’d move on to another topic.

                “Alright then, how’s that thing I asked you to do?”

                Not that topic you absolute idiot.