FIHWY - 13

Dedicated to 21PilotsPlease because her story "Similars" is just so sick. (and if you're like my friends' g-ma and you don't know what that means, it's "cool", bruh) and also because she herself is a sweetheart and is just so kind :)

::unedited

Falling in Hate With You

Chapter Thirteen

                Ethan and I spent the rest of the night walking all around town; he showed me sights I'd seen a thousand times before in a new light. He drew more pictures, and walked me through the steps when I didn't understand. He was a good teacher. He didn't have the same methods as Jared, but it was refreshing.

                It was sometime just before seven A.M. was when I got to turn the tables and show off my own knowledge of our little town's hidden gems.

                "Where are we going? Geez, Tasha, you could give Charlie a run for her money," he puffed, just barely keeping up with my easy jog uphill as I wove in and out of the trees.

                I let out a laugh and turned, carefully running backwards, "Aren't all mysterious pretty boys supposed to be in killer shape with a photoshopped pack of abs?"

                "I'm an art nerd, not a model, you bonehead."

                "No excuse, Ethan, I'm an art nerd too and look at me go, gutterbutt."

                 "Yeah, about that, why are you so freakishly fit?" He panted.

                I gave him a look, "Having a baby demon for a sister keeps you on the ball."

                He shot me a worried glance, "Is your sister alright? You keep referring to her as a demon."

                Noticing that we were almost at our destination, I slowed to a walk and gave Ethan a devious smirk, "Do you think Sam and Dean will come if I keep it up? Should I spread the word a little more?"

                 "You're a real piece of work, Natasha Taylor, using your sister as hunter bait."

                "Admit it, you'd do the same with little Chad Danforth."

                "Mhm, you're so right. I just can't get enough of the dysfunctional brothers and they're ill-fated colleagues."

                I threw my hands over my heart and whined, "Stop! Please, I'm unable to even. My heart aches just thinking about them."

                He laughed heartily, until I let a branch whip him in the stomach.

                I smiled softly to myself as we walked the last couple of feet up the hill and stopped below a huge oak tree. The look on Ethan's face was priceless as he took in the view. We were on the other side of West Amber, on a giant overlook on the edge of a forest. It was hard to see from town because all the trees kept it hidden, but once through it, the sight was breathtaking.

                We could see the little dock and ledge where he took me earlier, almost ten hours ago. What I had planned for my turn wouldn't work from where we were. We had to be able to see in the opposite direction and the all the trees were blocking it.

                "What in the name of Mother Teresa's puppies are you doing?"

                I grabbed another tree branch, pulling myself up and said, "Did she even have any puppies?"