FIHWY - 8

As always, UNEDITED. feel free to point out any mistakes, but be kind, please (:

Song of the chapter is “Jukebox Hero”. I suggest the O.G. version by Foreigner, but if you want something a bit more… lively? I suppose you could listen to the Rock Of Ages OST version, it’s just as awesome.

<><><><> 

Falling in Hate With You

Chapter eight

                Our adventure was slowly winding down; all the food had been eaten and the last minute treats purchased from the adjoining Tim Horton’s. I still wanted to arrive home at my normal time, knowing that Jared would be there watching Nikki as usual.

                Ethan and his unrealistically huge crew had started stretching and gearing up to head out a few minutes ago. Jacky and I had joined them, and astonishingly enough, we all seemed to share the feeling of having thoroughly enjoying ourselves. I mean, yeah, I knew they’d have fun and whatever, but with me there? Not likely.

                 I allowed a small smile to play on my lips; maybe this friend thing wasn’t as bad as I thought?

                “You coming or are you just gonna stand there daydreaming about your wedding all day?”

                I take that back – I had clear proof that friends were useless.

                With a frown, I caught up to them as they exited the building, splitting off into groups and heading to our cars. Ethan, Dylan, Travis, Olivia, Jake, Seth and Charlie walked with me and Jacky to the farthest corner of the parking lot, where we had all parked.

                “Shut up Jacky, you actual walrus.”

                “You love me,” he said, sending me a wink.

                “You’re obviously delusional.”

                “And you’re obviously head over heels for me.”

                That one earned him a hard shove, which accidentally sent him stumbling into Travis, who purposefully sent him flying into Ethan.

                “Ethancatchme!” Jacky yelped.

                The called upon hero of the moment deftly sidestepped out of the way, grinning as Jacky just kept stumbling – he was probably the clumsiest human I knew. It was most likely all that height, made him off balance. He would have painfully face planted, had he not tripped, twisted in midair and landed gracefully in Charlie’s arms. It was all very Hollywood.

                I was impressed. Charlie held him like he was nothing, and nothing Jacky Jones was not. She laughed and basically threw him back onto his feet, and when he was upright, he continued on with his antics. I think he had one too many Frosty’s.

                “Ethan, I thought you loved me!”

                Ethan rolled his eyes, but didn’t say anything.

                I spoke up with a smirk, needing to get him back for his never-ending stream of stupid comments about Ethan and me all day, “Then, as usual, you would be wrong.”