FIHWY - 2

A delicious Devin Paisley as Ethan Evans^^^

Dedicated to DarknessAndLight, because "I Sold Myself to the Devil for Vinyls...Pitiful I Know" brings me the strongest, sweetest heartache and because she created the reason that I will be forever single due to the fact that no man will ever live up to Blake Eaton. And because it takes 13 straight hours of reading to finish. SO worth it. But also because she was a kind friend to me when I needed it. 

<><><><>

Falling in Hate With You

Chapter 2

                Dropping my body onto my chair beside New Kid ten minutes later, I set my Root Beer down on the desk before hauling out my binder and flipping to the chemistry section. While Mrs. Simmons kept writing on the board, I snuck a peek at the boy beside me. He was leaning over his desk, scribbling whatever, while lounging in his chair

                Yeah, lounging.

                I turned back to my own work and rolled my eyes. I attempted to pay attention to the Chem Hen – Mrs. Simmons – for the rest of the period, but it was mind-numbingly boring, so I amused myself with seeing how long New Kid could lounge for. I swear he was going for the Olympics.

                I smirked a little to myself, and mindlessly started doodling on some fresh paper. What felt like a few minutes later, I glanced at my phone and wasn’t surprised to see the bell was about to ring; I often wasted entire classes without knowing, just because I was doodling. I shoved all my stuff in my bag, grabbed my empty can and got up. A few students glanced at me as I disturbed their work, yet I just kept walking to the door. Mrs. Simmons opened her mouth to say something, but she was cut off by the bell. I dropped my can in the recycling and gave her a small smirk before moving swiftly through the doorway and back down the hall toward Jared’s room. I had a free and always spent it in the art room doing extra work or catching up. He didn’t mind, as long as I stayed in a corner and didn’t disrupt the class. His grade ten art class was just filing out as I got there, so I decided to simply walk through them.

                Walk is putting it lightly. I plowed through them so hard one girl actually fell into someone else’s arms. I glanced back to see her looking up at him adoringly, and he had a slight blush on his cheeks as he just kept holding her.

                Bet they won’t even invite me to the wedding.

                I sighed as I set my stuff on my usual desk at the back, and settled in for the next hour. Pulling my phone out, I changed from my “Ignore Everyone” playlist which consisted of heavy music to my “Freedom” playlist, created specifically for my free class and consisting of much lighter music.

                I like playlists, alright?

                The hour passed by without event, until the last five minutes when I began to pack up. Jared was talking to the class, and I gathered that he was explaining a new project. I wasn’t all that interested, until I heard my name.

                I turned my head slowly, face expressionless. When I was finally looking at Jared, he had an almost unnoticeable air of giddiness around him as he stared at me. Anyone who didn’t know Jared, wouldn’t be able to tell, but I knew him well, and it was plain as day.

                “What?” I said feeling apprehensive as every pair of eyes in the class was on me.

                Jared clearly had to restrain himself from smirking as he repeated whatever hellish thing he just did to me, “I said, that because there’s an uneven amount of kids in here, and we’re doing a partner project, one of them will be paired with you.”