05; Cold case

I am changing the actress who is playing Elena Nd there is a picture of the old LAPD team, incuding Elena on the side!

I was laying on my couch with my laptop on my lap. I have been working at the NYPD for 3 months now and I must admit, I really like it here. Sure, I miss my old team, but this one is awesome. Castle is awesome with his weird theories, Ryan is very kind, Espo has the swagger, Lanie is the queen and I get to spend more time with my sister, who is really good at her job.

My thoughts about how amazing this team is where cut of by the ringing of my phone. I noticed it was Espo. "Yo Espo, ma man. Wassup?" I asked all gangster. Espo chuckled, "Dead body, I know I have to text you the address. But I warn you. It is very bloody."

I just laughed, "It is nothing I can't handle, Espo."

*****

I walked up to the apartment door and opened it. They were right, it is bloody. I took a sip of my coffee and walked further. I noticed Ryan looking through his notebook, so I decided to walk over to him. "Hey Ryan." I said smiling at him. He looked up from his notebook and smiled at me, "Oh, hey Ellie."

"So what do we got." I asked walking over to the victim slowly. "Kelly Brandon, 22, single." I quickly noted it into my brain. "Thanks." I said to him as I walked over to Lanie, avoiding the blood spatter. "Hey Lanie, soo what happened?"

She looked up at me, "Hey Els, she has been tortured and thrown around like a punching bag. I think she died trough blood loss, but I am not sure. The killer has drawn weird signatures all over her body look at these." I knelled down next to Lanie and looked at them.

As realization hit me like a bus I looked at Lanie. "Does she have a rose drawn onto the left side of her neck?" I asked slightly panicking. Lanie looked worried about my sudden behavior, but still turned her head to see if it what there. "Yes, look." She said pointing at the mark.

I shot up from my position. "He's back." I mumbled. "Who's back, Elena?" My sister's voice asked from behind me. "Wesley Krumm." I replied a little louder turning towards my sister.

"Who is Wesley Krumm?"

*****

We all arrived at the precinct and I quickly walked up to my desk and burried my face in my hands. I knew all of them were gathering around me, but I didn't care at the moment.

That asshole is back.

"You didn't answer my question." My sister said harshly after a minute of silence, "Who is Wesley Krumm?"

I didn't reply I just continued to process everything. "Elena." My big sister said softly this time, making me look up at her, "Who is this man? "

I finally replied, "Wesley Krumm is a 34 year old rapist and murderer. My old team and I spend 2 years trying to catch this bastard, but court always said we didn't have enough evidence. The man was to clever. He has killed over 20 people, including Kyle's cousin, Lea." Kate looked at me in shock when I told her about Kyle, "He first rapes them several times and beats them up afterwards. Until they bleed out. After they have died he always makes these weird drawing on them. They are different every time, but one that has always stayed the same was the rose on the left side of the neck."

We were all quite for a couple of minutes until I spoke up, "Kate, we can't leave my old team out of this one." She nod in agreement and we went to Captain Gates her office.

*****
"You are sure that it is Wesley Krumm?" Gates asked us, after I had explained everything. "Well, it all seems pretty obvious to me." I replied with a shrug. "Ok, I will contact the LAPD to see if your team can help out on this one."

"Thank you, Captain." I said with a nod and walked out.

******
I sat down at my desk the next morning. My team would arrive soon. I started to tap my fingers on the desk and my foot on the ground. "Are you alright?" a voice next to my desk asked. I looked up and saw Ryan. "If I said yes, would you believe me?" I replied looking down again. "No Ellie, I wouldn't." He sat down on the chair next to my desk and looked at me. "So, are you alright?"

I stopped tapping and ran a hand through my hair. "Honestly, I have no idea. I just hope we get enough evidence to catch this bastard." Ryan nod in agreement and looked at the elevator. "Looks like your team is here."

I stood up and turned and there I saw them. Kyle Johnson, Mike Mathews and Miley Mullay. Miley was busy doing her lip-gloss, Mike was eating a sandwich while looking around and Kyle looked straight in front of him, looking furious. I knew he saw his cousin like his sister, that made it all ever worse.

Miley was the first to reach me. She has put her lip-gloss in her purse and she hugged me. "Sweetheart, I am so happy to see you." She said and pulled back. Mike came closer and opened his arms for a hug, with his sandwich still in his right hand. "Come at me bro." He said with a cheeky grin. I rolled my eyes, playfully, and gave him a hug. Then I walked over to Kyle. "You okay man?" I asked him looking concerned. "Yes, yes, I am fine, Els. It is good to see you." He said while wrapping his arms around me. "I just really hope we can catch the bastard this time."

"And you will." I heard a voice from behind me. I turned around and saw my big sister. "How can you be so sure?" Kyle asked her.

"Because, I am not letting this become a cold case again."