11; Drunk Kiss

My mom's younger cousin is going to a Fall Out Boy concert as VIP. I AM SO JEALOUS.

Grumpy, that was how I felt. We had a major breakthrough in the case and Kate wouldn't let me come along. I sat at the desk bored out of my mind. It turned out that the dance instructor was spotted near the crime scene on the  night of the murder. They all went to arrest him and they left me all by myself.

I groaned out of annoyance and grabbed my earphones. 'Centuries' by Fall Out Boy started playing and I lost myself in the music as I did my paperwork. I didn't know how much time had passed by, but I got scared out of my mind and a hand clamped down on my left shoulder. ''THE FUCK?!'' I yelled as I jumped up, my earphones fell out of my ears and a rush pain shot through my body. Espo and Ryan were both laughing, but they stopped at the sight of my glare. They both shot up and Espo mumbled a 'sorry'.

''How did it go?'' I asked the 2 men and they nod at the door of the interrogation room. ''He only has to write his statement and then he will be escorted to jail.'' I nod and looked at the boys. ''Very well then. Drinks?''

//

Kate decided not to go along and spend the night with her bathtub and Castle went home to spend time with his daughter, so that left Ryan, Espo and me. We laughed and talked for hours about football, work and awkwards stories from the past. 

Ryan and I brought a wasted Espo home and helped him to lie on his couch. Damn he will have a headache in the morning. Then Ryan brought me home. We weren't exactly sober, but we weren't that drunk either, just a little tipsy. ''I had sooooo much fun.'' I told Ryan as we both walked into my apartment. He chuckled, ''Yeah me too.''

''Ryan?'' I asked him. ''Yeah?'' I walked over slowly and stood in front of him, ''Do you still like Jenny?'' He gave me a small smile, ''No I don't.'' I didn't know what came over me, but I pressed my lips to his. He seemed startled at first, but kissed back. His arms found his way across my waist and mine got lost in his hair. Our lips moved in sync in a soft kiss. I ran my tongue across his lower lip and he opened his mouth. We fought for dominance and he won. He pulled me even closer and deepend the kiss. He pulled away and his lips started to leave kisses across my jaw and down my neck. I moaned softly and threw my head back a little. He pressed his lips back onto mine and his tongue pushed itself back into my mouth. This kiss wasn't like the first one. This one was rough and filled with lust.

Somehow I sobered up a little and put my hand on his chest and pushed him back a little. I cupped his cheek, ''Go home. We have work tomorrow.'' I pecked his lips and he blushed. He mumbled a few things that I couldn't understand and walked out of my apartment.

//

The next morning I walked into the precinct all nervous and with a headache that was growing by the minute. I kissed Ryan, what the fuck was I thinking? I didn't even know I liked the guy... I mean he is handsome, adorable and he has the most beautiful eyes and--

Oh my god. I really do like him.

I put my bag down on my desk and took of my coat. I noticed Castle, Katie and Espo, but no Ryan. Phew. I looked over at Espo and noticed he looked like shit. ''How ya doing?'' I asked teasingly walking over to him, taking a sip of my coffee. ''Like crap.'' He groaned and put his head down on his desk. I laughed and sat back down at my desk.

Soon after that Ryan walked in and laughed at the sight of Espo. He put his coat down and sat down at his desk. I started to get more nervous as he looked up at me. He immediately looked back down and so did I. Usually we would be having a conversation right now about something stupid and the awkward tension started to get to much for me. I stood up and walked into the coffee room and leaned of a table.

I heard footsteps coming closer and the door close. ''Elena?'' It was Ryan, oh crap. ''Yeah?'' I asked turning around to face him. ''I wanna talk about last night.'' I nod, ''Go on.''

''It didn't mean anything right? I mean we were tipsy and we weren't thinking straight.'' I nod slowly, ''Okay.'' I didn't dare to say much else. What if I told him my feelings and he rejected me?

''So no awkward or hard feelings?''

''Nope.'' Yes.

''Great.'' He smiled at me and I looked down at his lips remembering how they felt on mine. He turned around and walked away. I started to make coffee for myself and then it hit me..

Did I just get rejected?