Chapter 3: First day with the Marauders

June 10th, 1979

Regulus woke up 5:27 AM the next morning tired like always. He realized he hadn't gotten a good nights of sleep in months.

Since he knew very well that today was going to be stressful and possibly involve a lot of fighting he decided he could at least make breakfast for everyone.

He eventually got the energy to get out of bed and when he did he pulled on a shirt and walked downstairs.

When he walked into the the living room he saw James sitting on the couch writing something.

"What are you doing," Regulus asked. James flinched, spilling his coffee he was drinking all over himself.

"Bloody Hell what was that for Black, You scared me," He said

He quickly put away whatever he was writing.

"What are you doing down here this early anyways," He continued as he looked at Regulus.

"I could ask you the same question," Regulus replied and James nodded.

"I'm always up this early, You?," James stated.

"Couldn't sleep," Regulus said. James rolled his eyes.

"I was crying all night," He added frowning.

"Really?, I had no clue," James replied sarcastically and Regulus rolled his eyes.

"Haha very funny Potter," Regulus said coldly.

James stood up and walked into the Kitchen to make more coffee and get paper towels to clean up the mess he made and Regulus followed him

"Why are you following me Black," James asked turning around and seeing Regulus behind him.

"I'm not I'm making breakfast for everyone idiot," Regulus replied annoyed.

James walked out of the kitchen to change and clean up the mess he made. Regulus started to cook some eggs well enjoying the silence.

After A bit James came back in the kitchen and Regulus immediately missed the silence because apparently with James Potter around silence didn't exist.

"So since your probably going to be staying here for awhile, I thought it would be a good idea for us to get to know each other better," James stated.

"I would say no but I know you won't take no as a answer," Regulus replied annoyed.

"Correct," James said smirking as he took a sip of his coffee.

"So what's your favorite color," James asked.

"Black," He answered.

"Favorite animal," James asked.

"I don't know, a dog," He replied.

After awhile Regulus got annoyed and tired of answering James's stupid questions.

"Your-," James began.

"Do you ever stop talking," Regulus asked interrupting James. He was clearly annoyed by James asking him a million questions.

James shook his head laughing at how annoyed he had made Regulus. James found himself eventually getting lost in his thoughts again.

"Well breakfast is ready so help me set up the table," Regulus said knocking James out of his thoughts.

They spent the next 5 minutes setting up the table and when they were done they stood in front of the table.

"We did a good job," James said sounding proud of himself.

"You mean I did a good job. You zoned out at least 10 times," Regulus corrected and James rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulders.

A couple minutes later Remus and Sirius came down.

Regulus ate breakfast in silence well the three Marauders laughed at each other's jokes the whole time.

****

It had been A couple hours and Regulus and Remus were reading in the living room well James and Sirius messed around. When suddenly James grabbed Remus's book out of his hands.

"James Potter give me my book back," Remus Yelled as Sirius burst out laughing.

"What's the fun in that," James laughed with a big smirk on his face.

Remus gave him a death glare and James ran away with the book in his hands as Remus chased after him leaving Regulus and Sirius alone.

They just sat there in a awkward silence until Sirius cleared his throat and spoke.

"Hi," He said looking at Regulus who refused to make eye contact with him.

"Hi," Regulus replied, his emotion impossible to read.

"Um how have you been," Sirius asked awkwardly.

"Just because I showed up on your doorstep yesterday doesn't mean we have to talk to each other," Regulus stated coldly.

"Whatever Regulus, Why are you here anyway," Sirius yelled.

"I'm done talking to you," Regulus yelled back.

Regulus got up and left. He was mad but he wasn't sure why.

After he left and went back up to Remus's room James and Remus walked back into the living room and saw Sirius sitting there looking mad and annoyed.

"What happened," Remus asked calmly

Remus put his arm around Sirius to try to calm him down but Sirius just pushed his arm off and walked upstairs stomping his feet as he went up the stairs.

Regulus walked down looking mad.

"I'm just grabbing my book so don't talk to me," He said dramatically.

He grabbed his book and walked up the stairs dramatically like Sirius.

Remus and James burst into a fit of laughter.

"Their both so dramatic," James said in between laughs.

"It must run in the family," Remus responded as he continued laughing.

****

A/N: Hi guys, sorry I don't use a lot of British type of words or what British people would say in situations. I'm American so it's hard for me

Have a good morning/evening/night!!!