Chapter 6

Adora squinted an eye open from under her covers. The sun was shining brightly through the windows and squarely onto her face. She grumbled in annoyance and tried to turn over but found something blocking her. She opened her eyes fully and realized two things, she was on a couch that wasn't hers and she was supposed to be at work by 8am. She looked at her watch, it read 9:10. She gasped and sat up.

"Hey hey," Bow's voice carried from the kitchen and she heard him run into the room just as she laid back down. "Oh, my head," Adora mumbled, as her head hit the pillow.

 "I called Angella," Bow said.

"You what?!"

"Listen, you need today. Don't fight me, just take the damn day off," Bow said sternly. Adora groaned and turned away from him, covering her face from the light.

"But what if.."

"They're fineee. Glimmer and Angella will be there all day. They don't need you."

"But."

"Adora!"

"Finee," Adora answered, pulling the covers back over herself but knowing she wouldn't be able to fall back asleep. She peered over at Bow. He was looking at her with concern.

"What?"

"How do I help?" Bow asked innocently.

"...Coffee?" Adora asked, raising her eyebrows. Bow smiled and nodded. Ten minutes later, they were both sipping on their respective drinks and sitting in the sunshine on Bow's porch. Adora attempted to comb through her hair and they were both giggling, watching her attempt it. 

"No why... is it sticky," Adora giggled, pulling at a massive knot. Bow smiled at her and she gave him a thankful smile. 

When Bow had picked her up last night, there were no questions asked. Adora had texted Angella that she was spending the night at Bow's and had gratefully accepted some fresh clothes from Bow and a bed on the couch. She was wearing a white crop top sweatshirt that looked like Bow had cut up himself, and a pair of comfy baggy sweatpants that Adora was pretty sure were actually her pants left here years ago.

"So, can I ask?"

Adora sighed. The memories of last night came flooding back to her and an emotional wave hit her in the chest. "I fucked up," She said at last, curling her bare feet up on the chair and wrapping her arms around her knees, still holding her cup of coffee.

"You had every right to be upset. I should have stood up for you and told Catra not to play it. You know, I don't know if Scorpia even knows that song was about you. It was just a good song with a good beat and.. I chickened out. I'm sorry."

Adora shook her head, "If Scorpia didn't know before, she certainly knows now."

"What?"

"I practically yelled it at her. Well, I yelled it at Catra. Turned out, Scorpia was right there the whole time."

Bow gasped. "Oh no."

Adora put her coffee down so she could rub her face in her hands, she groaned into her hands. "I brought up our last night."

Bow just stared at her for a moment and then moved closer, wrapping his arms around her. Adora felt herself relax. "It's going to be okay."

"I was so angry."

"I know"

"But now Scorpia knows," Adora said, wrapping her arms back up around her legs so she looked like a ball. Bow shrugged. Adora eyed him, questioningly.