10.) Never in my entire life, that's when!

"Thanks, Red."

Kiri POV:

Wait, did he just call me Red?! 

I pulled away from the confused blondie, still kneeling in front of him so we were at eye level with each other. He looked at me questioningly for a second, then he threw his hands up to his mouth with a blush.

"Crap! I'm so sorry!! I know we're probably not on a nicknames basis yet, that was really stupid and I-" he as cut off by my amused giggles.

I waved my hands in front of me, "Dude its fine, I don't care. I just wasn't expecting such a nice nickname. Usually you were pretty brutal with what you called people. OH MAN! Guess what you used to call me!!!"

Bakugou POV:

I stared at him blankly. "Uh-"

"SH*TTYHAIR!! Every single day!! It was a nightmare but I also kinda liked it," he was still giggling at the memories as he moved to lean back against the wall behind him. He sat with his legs criss cross and a bright smile plastered on his face.

"In fact, that stupid nickname was the reason I decided to change my hair. Then there was this one time you mentioned that my hair looked 'a lot less sh*tty' when it was down. So" he tilted his head to look a lock of hair he had picked up, "I decided I would try wearing it down more often!"

I blinked at him, "Wait so you decided to change the way you looked cuz you were worried about my opinion of you??"

He went as pale as a ghost, "Ah- wait no, that's not what I meant!!" He buried his face in his hands before turning a bright red.

"I just mean, you always opened my mind up to a new way of thinking. I thought that in order for me to be confident, I needed to be different and stand out. Which is why I always gelled my hair up in crazy spikes and dyed it bright colors. But then you told me my hair was nice down, and that made me feel like I was good enough all on my own." His words kept spilling out like he wasn't controlling them anymore. He just had a content smile on his face as he continued on, not meeting my eyes.

"You always did what you felt was right and didn't take crap from nobody. It was so manly! And also really inspiring. You basically taught me to be confident by just doing the things I wanted to do because I wanted to do them. Boy that's a mouthful. I don't even think you realized you were doing it too... But you helped me out a lot without ever realizing it so that's to be expected." He giggled and rubbed his head. "Does that kinda make sense?" He looked up at me with bright, hopelessly pure eyes.

I wish my mouth would have worked in that moment because everything he said felt like fireworks had been lit off in my heart! But it also reminded me how self-conscience I'd been feeling having to be someone I didn't remember. 

"uh- are you okay, dude? Did I say to much?" He covered his mouth. "I'm so sorry if that was weird, it all just came tumbling out," he mumbled through his hand.

My voice finally returned to me, "No! It wasn't weird at all! In fact, your words helped me out a bit..." His worried expression faded I watched as his shoulders dropped in relief. 

"Its weird but, I keep feeling like I need to be the person I was before. I don't even know who that is though.... so, I thought I'd take your advice and just try to be who I want to be right now. I mean, being whoever I wanted worked for me last time so I might as well give it a shot! I guess... UGH I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT!" 

Exasperated, I fell backwards onto the bed and covered my face. Why am I acting like a child?! 

Light-hearted giggles came from the floor in front of me before the red haired boy popped back up onto his knees, "I SAY GO FOR IT!! You wanna be who you want to be?? DO IT!! Think of this as like, your new life. A chance to take things on with a different perspective and as a new person. Heck! I'll even be your first friend of this new life!!! ...I-I mean if you want to. I don't wanna push you or anything..."