Closeted

A/N: This is for the gays, so if you're not gay or queer in some way, this won't really apply to you.

CC was closeted and you knew this when you got into a relationship with them. The problem was that it had been a few years now and no one knew about the two of you. You wanted to respect their wishes but you felt like you were an embarrassment to them.

The two of you were walking down the street together, most likely going to your favorite coffee shop that was an hour or so out of town. CC was a little paranoid to be seen with you to say the least.

"CC?"

"Hm?"

"When are you going to tell your parents about me? Or for that matter, literally, anyone, about me?"

CC slowed their walking pace to match yours and scrunched up their nose. It was something they did when they got nervous. (One of the many unique things you loved about them)

"(Y/n), you know I want to-"

"But?"

They sighed.

"You know what, I will. I'll do it tonight."

"Really?"

They turned to look at you, making eye contact regrettingly.

"Really."

They took your hand in their own and interlocked your fingers with theirs, something they had never done outside the comfort of your own rooms.

"But you have to promise me something," they continued.

"And what would that be?"

"If I get kicked out, I can live with you," they chuckled.

You awkwardly chuckled back, "Promise."