Listen to Me

A/N: This scenario is made for a feminine-presenting reader ig. Let me know if y'all want me to make a more masc version.

[Trigger Warning: self-conscious (looks-wise) reader]

It had been a hundred outfits or so later and you were standing in front of your bathroom mirror. None of them looked right, or maybe it was you who didn't look right in your eyes. Nevertheless, the tears began to flow. You'd never be pretty enough to attend the fancy dinner that CC wanted you to.

You slammed your fists down on the bathroom counter, eventually gripping the edging of it as you stared at yourself in the mirror.

"Fucking ugly. (Y/n), you're fucking ugly," you yelled at the mirror, seeing your tear stained cheeks in the reflection.

The door flew open, a worried face appearing behind it.

"(Y/n)? Baby, baby, calm down!"

"No, CC, how could you love me? You could do so much better than this," you sobbed.

"No, no, no, sweetheart, look at me."

They cupped your cheeks in their hands, turning your face so you could make eye contact.

"You're beautiful. Do you hear me? Beautiful. I couldn't have asked for anyone more gorgeous than you."

You wiped the tears from your eyes.

They stepped back to look at you.

The dress you wore came up a little high on the knees and appeared to be tight.

They chuckled a little.

"What?" You asked defensively.

"No, shh, it's okay. It's not you, it's the dress. It's too small."

"Oh."

"Here, I'll help you, okay? Would that make you feel better?"

You nodded, a smile curving on the edge of your lips.

"That's my baby."