Jealousy

There you two stood in the center of an empty courtyard at around 3 in the morning.

You had recently found an s/o and it drove CC nuts to no end. The two of you were inseparable bestfriends to the point where people thought that you were actually dating, a thought that your current s/o felt uneasy about.

Earlier that night, you were having a sleepover at their house when you brought up your s/o.

"CC, they're just so amazing-"

"God, can you shut up?"

Your eyebrows raised in shock at their change in tone.

"What is your problem?" You fired back.

"You deserve so much better than that street rat."

You slapped them. Hard. Harder than you actually meant to.

"Fuck..." They uttered quietly.

That's when you got up and left.

There was a courtyard/park not too far off from CC's house that you two liked to hang out at. Luckily for you, there was no one there, so that's where you went.

"(Y/n)! Wait! I'm sorry, okay?"

You wouldn't look at them. If they couldn't respect your choice in dating your current s/o then what kind of a friend were they?

"I love you!" They called out to you,

"That's why I've been so rude towards (s/o's name) lately. I love you as more than a friend, and I'm sick of seeing them treat you the way they do."

They had a point. Your new s/o did treat you like a back up but you chose to ignore it. Wait did they just say they loved you?

You turned around so you two were now face to face.

Then it began to rain.

"Ah, shit," they said once they realized.

"You love me?"

They sighed, looking you dead in the eyes,

"Yeah."

You ran forward to them, grabbing their neck and kissing them. You felt their arms hold your waist tighter to them as they lifted you up in the air and twirled you, like in the movies.

At this point, your hair was wet and so was your clothing, but you didn't care. Little had you known though, you'd been waiting for this moment for a long time.

Once you broke the kiss, they looked at you expectantly.

You smiled.

"I love you too."