Onyx Meets Sapphire

DISCLAIMER: This a fan work based of the novel 'Throne of Glass' NOTE: There will be missing context for people not familiar with the novel

Credit to editor QueenOfTerrasen1

~Dorian~

Even as my back pressed to the cold wall, my body felt like it was on fire. Hard against soft he didn't waste time as his lips claimed mine.

I kissed back softly while my hands pulled the scent of vanilla closer, I needed more of him and he kindly matched my need for urgency while my hands tangled themselves in his golden hair.

He bit my bottom lip asking for an entrance and I nearly moaned, bringing me back to my senses.

Before I could push him away I felt a feather touch just above my hip. I let my eyes fall shut as he traced my sides ever so gently and I melted into his touch, letting out a whimper.

He stole the opportunity to explore my mouth and for a brief moment I fought for dominance before giving in. He kissed back furiously and in turn I tugged at his hair causing him to growl, sending a chill of pleasure down my spine.

For a while we just stood there a mess, tangled in each other's arms, panting with lips bruised pink. His mouth left mine and my breath hitched in my throat, his voice was husky and breathless as he whispered into my ear "What a warm welcome King.... Dorian was it now."

The way my name rolled off his tongue made my stomach do somersaults, but I could feel him grinning and the stubborn child in me needed the last word.

"Well we wouldn't want our guests getting bored would we...but that doesn't seem to be an issue here." I said, smirking as he looked down there.

~Present time Dorian~

A light breeze blew through the gardens and I smiled carelessly. It had been three years since the fall of Erawan and the world had been changing ever since.

With magic now in the equation, rebuilding Adarlan took no time and schools even encouraged magic training. Soon after, tales of my part in the war had spread like fire.

The people had no objection when I became King. It was harder than being a prince ever was but at least I wasn't alone anymore.

It came as a surprise when one morning a blonde hair boy, shy of seventeen, walked into my office. Not recognizing at first who it was, but then it clicked.

Hollin, my spoilt little brother and last in line. Prince Hollin had grown up to be a fine young dashing man, even his hair now rested in neat blonde tufts and his eyes a pale version of mine. I'll never be able to thank the boy enough unlike his mother who had fled off after the Kings death.

Hollin had come back and eased the weight of being King which was much appreciated after Chaol had left for his honey moon.

Fortunately, the people adored the cheeky blonde boy. Coughing brought Dorian back to the present and he looked up into two chestnut eyes.

The servant- no, they called them maids now- the maid giggled lightly and Dorian flashed her a grin before running a hand through his silky hair nonchalantly.

As you know, once a flirt, always a flirt. The girl flushed red as she fiddled with her dress. "P-Prince Hollin re-requested that you gr-greet the guests.

" Standing up, Dorian became the King again, thanking the girl before brushing past her just close enough to briefly touch her hand.

He heard the maid's squeal echoing through the halls as he left. After reaching the foyer he took a moment to straighten his shirt and adjust his cuffs. He felt the young guard's eyes on him and looked up to meet his stare.