Chapter 2.

Ari Lennox
I came home from my second session in the studio, they haven't signed me yet but my god mother got me some time to impress them.

"Hiii suga," my aunt came to hug me as soon as I walked through the door.

"Hi auntie," I felt relieved to have seen her.

"Gabrielle should be coming soon and Stevey came not too long ago I'm sure he's in the shower, I'm almost done cooking so you can tell us all about your day," she sounded so excited to hear everything

"Do you need help with anything?" I asked as I set my bags down

"No, you just rest love I know you're tired,"

Nobody knows how lucky I truly am to have my aunt. She's such a good person, she's so pure. I just don't want to let her down, I need to be signed to a record deal soon. We don't live in the best complex or have everything that we could want. Trust that when I get some money my auntie and godmother and Steve's ass can have whatever they want. These are my people.

"Courtneyyyy you're homeee," Steve came over to hug me all naked and wet with only half a towel on

"Steve please hug me when you got some close onnn," I laughed and pushed him away

He lives in the apartment next door but he's always here. His parents are never around and they don't accept him for who he is so he's always here. He's more of a free spirit he doesn't like labels but he's been my best friend since I moved here when I was 10.

I went into my room and changed out of this dress and these heels, my feet are killing me. I put a t-shirt and some tights on.

"Hi loves," my god mother Gab came inside. She works as a manager and manages a bunch of artists, she's the one who got my foot in the door with this opportunity I have now.

"It was a long day today , these negros don't listen," she set her jacket up on the coat rack and kicked her shoes off.

"There's negative press in the media about my artist Brent, he ain't shit really but Lauryn he was beatin on Cubes daughter. She came to work and she was bruised up around her face it was a sight to see really,"

I over heard the two talking, they must've been speaking about Chloe. I've only actually talked to her once and saw her a couple of times. I just hope she's okay , she really has sweet energy. Maybe I'd find her and talk to her tomorrow.

"Well what did O'Shea do?" My aunt was concerned and so was I

"I'm not sure, I think he's trying to cover this up. But I'm done sponsoring Brent as an artist,"

"Good for you! I'm happy that some people in that industry still have morals. He has a talented voice but to be hittin on a woman is never okay,"

Steve came out of the bathroom and finally had some clothes on.
"Hi ms.Gabby," he came into the kitchen and hugged her.

"Okay okay everyone gather around the table so we can listen to Courtney's day,"

I helped my aunt set up the table, green beans, rice and some baked chicken, it all smelled so divine.
____________________________________
Chloe Henson
"I outta beat yo ass for ever THINKING of putting yo hands on my daughter, then I'm gon beat yo ass for putting yo hands on my daughter,"

Me and Brent sat down on the couch in my living room. When I put my make-up on this morning I could've sworn I covered everything but I must've missed a spot on the rim of my face, which is the picture the paparazzi has.