Chapter 8 : Another Truth

~~~~~~~~ A/N (Lol) ~~~~~~~~

Alas!!!! after 1926340 years I have finally woke up from my deep sleep and got the urge to write another update!!! wOOO hooo!!! *Cheers* Anyway I know yer all mad for the cliffhanger but don worry.. Here is ze answer... HAHA *wink*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still am not believing everything I saw. Is this for real?!? I took the courage to ask him

"Who are they??? Fa..." "They are my family. Nice eh" he said without even letting me finish. I blinked then looked back at the mugshot I am currently holding. It was black and white with three people standing in the forest. One old man, one woman and a boy, about my age. The woman and boy looks SO familiar. The woman looks like... Mom... And the boy...looks like Edmund. Still I need to make sure its them.

I took a deep breath. The man now sits at a wooden chair, coated in a chocolate brown varnish with a circular table coated with a lighter color. "What's his name?"  I asked. Please don't be him. If this is family... And Edmund is a werewolf... That can only mean they are the same... unless...

"Edmund.... Yep.. I miss that son who was always there when you need help" he uttered with gritted teeth. Oh... so... It's confirmed??? But my thought earlier was not yet finished. You become a werewolf too if you are bitten by one also... That is possible... right?!?!. I stepped back a little. I kept thinking. There is a big possibility that Both of My hunches are correct... But I know that there can only be one right.

"Have you met him???" A question from him greeted me. "Hmm... Y...Yes???" I replied. When can I leave??? I don't know what to think anymore. I placed the mugshot down carefully, then slowly preceded towards the door. Don't look... Don't look... "Wait!!!" He screamed " It's not what you think... Let me tell you how." His hands were holding my right arm tightly. Still confused, I asked "What do you mean.. what story??? ". "About my son" Then I calmed down. He slowly let go of my arm then gestured me towards the table, telling me to have a seat. As soon as I sat down. He began pacing around the room and told me everything. The history of their family was just fascinating.

The Warner family is just like a normal family. During the times when they were still complete, They lived in the same village as I do when i was 6. We are of the same age by the way. Michael, The Huntsman, Lived with his wife Bridgette and son, Edmund. It was almost the perfect family anyone would ever dream off. until the same Ambush attacked them. Remember the one who killed my older sister and father??? That one!!!. Everyone in the village hated that day!!!. And then, They decided to live near the heart of the forest. Michael continued his job, and has been killing. Subtracting large numbers fro the werewolf population, to avenge everyone who died. Then the werewolves became aware due to many killings, and devised a plan to avenge the deaths of the rest.

And that is where George, Andrew and Jake came in. They befriended Edmund in Uncle Mark's orders. Weird how I still call him uncle despite his betrayal and merciless demeanor. They made him believe they we're good. They gained his trust. Then they betrayed him. HeHe... They deserve an Oscar. It was the first thought I have. Until one day they took him to their secret Lair. I bet you can guess what Happened. They spilled the beans, and turned him into one of them. He was forced to swear loyalty to them and serve them, Because if not, They would kill his father. He told everything of this When he returned home. The Trio somehow felt guilty of what they did, Because the truth is, the exact things happened to them too. They were forced to serve uncle.... Ehem... That monster. They asked forgiveness, but it took more months for Edmund to forgive them. For now, They have nothing against their leader. If ever they oppose him and not follow his orders, He will not hesitate to kill their relatives.

"The Day my wife died... And the day my son turned his back onto me... Those we're the most devastating days of my life." He said, With tears slowly Dripping from his eyes. 

The story was indeed sad. But sadness is not what I felt. I felt hate ... And confusion. All of a sudden, everything that happened to the Ambush played again. When My sister tried to protect me, When my mom rushed to werewolf trying to kill it, When the whole village crumbled and not a house left, and most especially, My uncle Mark Bringing the News to us that Dad was dead. All the hate that I feel is directed to the leader of the werewolves.

Now it got me thinking again. Mark, since I lost all respect for him isn't it bad to just call him that???, Is a very good Liar. What if.. What if dad is not really dead??? . We never got the chance to see his remains because we moved to another village very far as soon as Mark broke the news to us. What if he just turned dad into one of them and forced him to serve him till his death... And threatened to kill me and mom if not???Just like what He did to Edmund and the rest???

Thinking of dad made me look into the fireplace. Its glowing embers and burning wood reminded me of his Job. He was a Blacksmith. Every time he would come home, He would sit through the couch nearest to the fireplace and relax there for a couple of minutes. Mom would be at the kitchen, either washing the dishes or cooking something for dinner, And Margaret would be at the other couch, either finishing the last pieces of her cross stitches or knit a new scarf. Sometimes, we sell them to the neighbors, sometimes she would keep it If she really liked the blend of the colors she made. Me you ask??? I don't have a stable position. Sometimes, I would sit next to dad and watch the Fire dance through the soft gentle breeze. Sometimes I would watch Margaret stitch and hand her the spools of thread she needed. Sometimes I would even watch mom and ask her to bake a blueberry pie. But I know that could not happen already. but it was good to reminiscence some of the memories. Somehow, i forgot about the hatred I feel and the confusion.

I slapped some sense in me and glance back at the Huntsman. He was already calm down somehow but there are still tears running in his cheek. I grabbed my basket and search for the handkerchief I always bring. "Here..." I offered it to him. He accepted it with 'Thanks' and wiped the tears. "Pardon me ... I should not have acted like that " He laughed a little and handed me my handkerchief.

I smiled at him, warmly. "You know what... er... sir... A lot of people really got... devastated with what happened. A lot of them even got so depressed but.. you.. you manage to stand up and smile like nothing happened" I told him. It's true. "Well child, because... Life is to short you know. Problems come to test us and make us fall, but you should never let go. prove too them that you on't fall" He said, full of determination and hope. Compared to my problem, I think he had more weight in his shoulder. His son got betrayed, He have to work hard for them both, and His wife got killed.

Wait a minute... wife???.... His wife somehow looked familiar to me. i stood up from the chair and picked up the photo again, and looked at Bridgette's picture. Same long hair with symmetrical waves. Same circular shaped face. Same hazelnut shaped eyes. She looks exactly like mom, only difference maybe is her smile and the colors.

I turned to the Huntsman. He have a confused look, plastered on his face. I gulp "Th ... this woman... does she have a sister???" I said. My voice is trembling because of what I might know and I try hard not to show it. "Well yes... Felicia is the name I think" He said. Felicia is the name of my mom. I let another gulp. " Felicia Collins???" I ask. I don't know what to expect. Is it a yes??? or a No???. "Well.. Yes... Why do you ask??? Have you met her??" He said

I'm glad I hold that frame carefully. Because of shock I would have dropped it.

I know my mom has a sister named Bridgette that's why I asked. And they looked the same. I have suspected it in the beginning but their story got in the way. And now that It's confirmed...

Then That only means that Bridgette is my Aunt...

Michael is my uncle...

And Edmund is my cousin...

My thoughts we're cut short when someone knocked on the door. I have a very bad feeling about this.

~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~

wwwooooooo!!!!! finished!!! Sorry for the cliffhanger.... hahaha

Bruh I know you've been waiting for this.. Hehehe ...

*wink*