CHAPTER 82: ROMANTIC PLANS RUINED

Tom was driving home.  Sydney was laughing.  Tom looked at her.  He said "oh so Booker was right huh"  Sydney said "What."  Tom said "you are laughing at me."  She laughed.  So did he.  She said "no Tom"  He said "it's ok I just like to see you laugh."  She said "I was just thinking. Hanson you do know my plan for this weekend is to totally wear you out making love to me."  She laughed.  He rolled his eyes.  He laughed.  He said "yes I know that Mrs. Hanson, and I can't wait."  

Tom said "So Sydney since you're going to make me work, you think I could at least get a dance with my beautiful wife first."  She laughed.  She said "yes you can have at least one dance. But first we have to take care of Abby, she needs go out for a walk."  He said "ok."   After Abby's walk, Tom got her her food.  

Tom said "Syd I'll be right back then I do believe you owe me a dance." She said "yes I do." He kissed her and then went to the bedroom.  Sydney turned their stereo to the smooth jazz station. Tom smelled like smoke because of the pool table and Booker smoking.  He changed his shirt and put on some cologne, Sydney's favorite.

Tom came out. Tom said "ok about that dance."  Sydney went to him.  Tom had his arms around her waist.  Once Sydney smelled his cologne, she felt instantly sick. Sydney said "oh no."  Tom said "What's wrong?"  Sydney ran to the bathroom.  Tom followed her. Sydney was on her knees throwing up in the toilet.  Tom said "oh no baby you're sick. I'm sorry. Let me get you a wash rag."  He held her long hair back and put a cold washcloth on her face.

Sydney said "I'm so sorry."  He said "I'm sorry Syd.  I told you you've been looking pale.  This stress is wearing you down."  Sydney said "I felt fine until oh no."  He said "What."    He was hugging her, she smelled the cologne.  She said "Tommy I'm so sorry. I love you, but can you please go."  Sydney threw up.  Tom said "Sydney no I want to stay and take care of you."  She said "Tom no you have to go please just go."  Tom said "Sydney  I want to take care of you. Hold your hair back."  Sydney said "I know but you can't. Please go."    Tom said "Why."

Sydney said "Tom don't take this the wrong way, but you smell. It's the smell making me sick." He said "What."  Sydney said "I felt fine, until we danced and I could smell you."  He said "I don't understand. I know I smelled like smoke cause of Booker blowing it all over, so I changed."  Sydney said "Tom it's your cologne."  He ran his hands through his hair.  He said "Baby you love that cologne, you bought it for me for Christmas."  Sydney said "yes I love it, but not tonight.  It's too strong. Please."  Tom said "ok. I'm sorry Sydney. When you are done I will take a shower and wash it off ok."  She said "Thanks."  He left the room.  He sat on the bed.

Sydney threw up again then sat there awhile then came out.  Tom said "how ya feeling."  She said "Better but can you please."  He said "yeah I'll be back."  Tom took a shower. Sydney was on the bed with Abby.  Tom came out with a white towel wrapped around his waist.  He had a towel was drying his hair.  Sydney said "you look incredibly sexy with wet hair Hanson, you know that kills me."  He smiled.  He said "so how you feeling?"  Sydney said "Better."  Tom said "can I get you something to drink."  Sydney said "maybe some 7up."  He said "ok I'll be back."  Tom came back.

Sydney said "Tommy I'm sorry. I don't know why but that cologne smell just"  He said "no it's ok."  He sat down on the bed by Sydney.  Tom said "Is there anything else I can get you.  Maybe some toast?"  She said "yeah I could eat some toast. I can get it though."  He said "no I'll be back.  Come on Abby I'll get you a treat."  Abby went followed Tom.  Tom came back.  Abby had a bone.  Tom got on the bed.  He laid down by Sydney and turned off the light.  Tom said "Sydney can I hold you or are you too hot."  She said "yeah you can, but um Tom."  He put his arms around her.  He said "yeah."  He was caressing her hair.