Chapter 1: The Beginning

Marinette's POV:

Ring, Ring, Ring! The sound of my alarm played over and over again. I had finally opened my eyes and got up. Reaching to turn off my alarm I saw the time and read 9:30am. OMG, I'M GOING TO BE LATE FOR THE FIRST DAY AS A SENIOR. 

 I rushed up and got my clothes on. I wore a white tennis skirt with a pink tank top! Of course they were both handmade by me. I rushed down stairs, grabbed a granola bar and headed to school. I got there three minutes before class started. I walked in and yelled "I'M HERE, I'M NOT LATE!". 

Everyone had burst into laughter which made my cheeks turn a beet red color. I looked around to find my friend, but only found Adrien. I walked up to him and sat while I could feel his lovely green eyes staring me down. I gave him a look and said "You know you can just say you like my outfit, there's no need to stare". I could tell his face was getting a bit warmer. 

Me and Adrien have been best friends for ages. I used to have a HUGE crush on him, but being called his friend really wore me out. The best thing to do was move on and become best friends! I haven't loved anybody ever since. I guess all that soulmate and love things are just not for me.

Adrien's POV:

I couldn't stop staring at Marinette. She looked so adorable and precious in her outfit! She walked towards me and realized I was staring her down. She gave me her look and said "You know you can just say you like my outfit, there's no need to stare". I could feel my face getting warmer as she chuckled and said she was joking. 

Luckily Kagami wasn't in this class. Me and Kagami have been dating for 1 year. She's cool, but very strict on me, kind of like my dad. If she sees me talking to any girl she will think I am automatically cheating on her. I never really liked Kagami in the love way. My dad is forcing me to be with her. I don't want to break her heart, but I'm thinking about ending it. My heart belongs to someone else.

After the first three period's it was finally lunch time. I don't know why I was so excited. My dad keeps me on a strict diet. Everyday I have kale salad with steak and I am getting so sick of it. 

While I was walking I noticed Marinette talking with Luka. Wonder what that jerk wants. I have noticed he has a big crush on Marinette and I hate it. I only like Marinette as a friend, but seeing that ass whole trying to do things with her gets me angry. He is such a pushy guy and he's SO full of himself. While making my way into the lunch room I heard Marinette's voice and I knew Luka had done something..

Marinette's POV:

After my classes I walked into the girl's locker room to grab my lunch. I couldn't wait any longer to see Alya! Over the summer she was in New York with Nino and I have missed them so much. While walking towards the lunch room a blue haired boy stopped me. 

Luka. He has always had a crush on me and I've always rejected him. I don't see what other girls find "cute" in him. Luka is very demanding and it's like I am an object to him. He stopped me with one hand and said " Oh, hey Marinette didn't see you there". Luka placed his cold lips on my hand and I pulled it back. "Don't. Touch. Me" I warned him. He came closer and said "Oh so you're feisty today, don't worry I can handle you". He pushed me against the wall VERY hard and my next instinct was to kick him.. In the balls. He screamed in pain and came back closer. Before he punched me I screamed. Not just a scream, but I screamed Adrien's name and that's when Luka hit me (twice). I slid down the wall and I could feel the punch. He had hit me on the left side of my face. Before my eye's shut I saw Adrien. I could tell he was angry at Luka and was very worried about me. He started yelling and cursing at Luka to leave. Luka obeyed. It looked like he was afraid of Adrien. The last thing I heard before I passed out was Adrien. His soft voice told me everything was going to be okay. 

I woke up in a hospital bed and the left side of my face was numb. I fluttered my eyes open and there he was. Adrien looked exhausted, but when I woke up he jumped and hugged me VERY tightly. I could feel his cold hands around my waist and the warm tear that dropped from his eye. I pushed away from the hug and said " Adrien it's alright it was just a couple of punches". He looked at me and stated " I know it's just the doctor said you have a minor concussion and I got really worried you wouldn't wake up". I chuckled and after I was examined I could finally go home. 

When Adrien dropped me off I realized there was a sticky note on the door. I read it and it said "Marinette, me and your father have gone on a business trip. Sorry we couldn't tell u sooner. Take care of the bakery darling. We trust you xoxo". Adrien had got out of the car and read the note too. Then after a bit of awkward silence he said "I can stay with you!"