Chapter 7

Two weeks has passed and there is still no change in her mood. She still mourns. She is now much different from when she first arrived. She is sad, helpless and vulnerable. Usually Titus would not mind taking advantage of her vulnerability, but he knows he would be hurting her even more if he did that.

Word of this circulated throughout the Titan Tribe. Everyone knew of the Titan's bride to be mourning the loss of her husband, Rhett. Everyone wondered if their leader would still wed.

Ever since the news came out, many women gave up on their hopes of becoming the Chief's wife. Because they believe that their ruthless leader would still wed her. So every women, including Fiona, sulked.

Fiona, now married, now wanted even more. She envied Melina for always having to be second best. She could not even believe that she got the Chief and not her. She wishes she could get another opportunity to ruin her life.

She felt miserable knowing that Melina was not mourning the death of her husband. The damn wretch must be happy, she thought. She couldn't enjoy her meal with her husband because of her thoughts and because of the loud commotion coming from a group of drunk men. Her husband excused himself to order another rounds of beer.

Another loud burst of laughter came from the group.

"Oh that does it!" She stood up and marched up to the men to give them a piece of her mind. Before she could start her outburst, a familiar voice called her name.

She looked to the man wearing dirty brown overalls, a scruffy beard and muddy boots. "Oh my gosh, is that you Rhett?"

An old flame for Rhett sparked to life again and they both hurried outside the bar to a lonely spot. She threw herself on him and they immediately started making out. Their tongues intertwined with each other in a harmonious beat.

They pulled apart to get some air. "Wow baby that was some kiss. Good to see you too" he smirked.

"I'm sorry I'm just so excited to see you! I thought you was dead." She hugged him.

"No I'm very much alive. We both are" he tilted her head down and smirked again.

She smiled and rubbed his erection. "Just like old times baby. But we don't have much time. Tell me, what are you doing here?"

"I was taken with some other men in the village to work as slaves. Well, servants. They put us on different farms to work hard labour. They wouldn't dare recruit us as a warrior for us to rebel."

"Have you heard the talk about the Chief's bride?" she asked.

"Yes, funny how the dead husband's name is Rhett too huh?"

"That's because that dead husband is you!"

"Wait what?"

She quickly explained everything to him. By the time she was done, he stopped grinding his erection on her hand. He held a victorious smile on his face. To him as well, Fiona was always second best to him. Melina was always the one he wanted, the one every man wanted in his bed. He would sometimes sleep with Fiona thinking of Melina or just in case he couldn't get Melina. Now that he sees an opportunity to have her back, Fiona was long lost in his mind.

"Hellooo" she waved her hand in front of him. "Rhett I said I don't have much time. My husband is probably looking for me. I got to tell you what to do."

"Wait you're married?"

"Yes, and he stalks me like a hawk. He does not take kindly to men watching me."

He audibly sighed. "You're going to be the death of me one day you know that? Now you're Titan husband will kill me."

"Not if you do what I say. Now come let's go meet him."

If Fiona can't have the Chief, then Melina can't either. There is no way she is going to get back Rhett because her husband will smash him to pieces.