Chapter 4- I'll Stand By You.

Positive. 

Positive? 

I grasped the pregnancy test in my hand as I slumped down on the bathroom floor, tears spilling down my eyes. I can't be pregnant. I can't. Me and Keaton were finally okay again, and I didn't want to mess it up, by telling him that i'm pregnant. 

I'm only 17. I can't be pregnant. What would people think of me? Can Keaton handle a baby right now?  Does he even want a baby?  All these thoughts ran through my head, which made me cry even more. 

"Chloe?" I heard Krista's voice call from outside the door, "Are you okay?" She asked. I could hear the concern in her voice.

"Yeah! One sec!" My voice cracked as I got up, and attempted to wipe the tears from my face, but they kept coming. I slid to the floor, and buried my face in my knees as the tears continued to stream down my face. 

I sat there for what seemed like forever, until I finally had the strength to get up, and open the door. 

Without even thinking, I ran to Krista, and hugged her while crying into her shirt. 

"What's wrong?" She sounded worried. 

"Krista... I-I'm.. P-pregnant." I sobbed, taking a breath before every word. 

"Shh. Everything is goin to be okay." She patted my back with one of her hands, and hugged me with the other one. 

"What if Keaton doesn't want the baby?" I didn't even want to think about what Keaton's reaction would be to me being pregnant, but I was going to keep this baby, with or without him.

"I'll be here for you. I promise." This is why I love her. This is why she's my best friend.

I calmed down a little, as I wiped the tears from my face with the sleeve of my sweater.

I looked at her sincerely, "Thank you."

"That's what best friends are for." She laughed, "But you need to tell Keaton."

"I know. I'm going over right now." 

"Are you sure you're ready?" She asked, concerned. 

"I have to do it eventually." I shrugged while turning away from her, and getting the keys to my car. 

"Do you want me to come with you?" 

"No, i'll be fine. Thank you." I smiled at her, before I walked out the door. 

"Good luck." She yelled before I shut the door behind me. 

-----------------------------------------

Even if the ride to the Stromberg house was only 5 miles, it felt like 50. It was the longest drive ever. 

I took a deep breath as I stood infront of their wooden door. With all the courage I had, I knocked. I was greeted by Wesley, smiling, as usual. 

"Hey Chloe." He nearly screamed as he hugged me. 

"Hi Wes." I chuckled and hugged him back. I tried not to think about why I was there, "Is Keaton home?"

"Yeah, he's up in his room." He pointed towards the stairs as he let me in and shut the door. 

I thanked him before I walked up the stairs with the many pictures of the Stromberg boys from when they were kids. I stopped at Keaton's door and shook out all my nerves before slowly opening his door, and sliding into his room. Keaton was facing the wall, playing his guitar. I contemplated running away, but this problem wasn't going anywhere, and neither could I. 

"Keaton," I half-whispered, trying to sound more confident. 

He turned around, as a smile formed his face. He put his guitar down, and started walking over to me. 

"I didn't know you were coming." He said as he wrapped his arms around my waist, and kissed me gently. He started making his way down my neck. I let out a slight moan as he reached the nap of my neck, and I felt him smile against it. 

I bit the corner of my lip, as I lightly pushed him away, "Keaton..." 

He kissed my lips again, "Yes?"

"I have to tell you something, and it's really important." My voice was almost a whisper as I looked down on the floor. 

"Is something wrong, babe?" He genuinely sounded concerned. 

"Keaton... I'm pregnant." I blurted out. 

Keaton's eyes went wide. "Are you sure?"

A tear streamed down my face as I nodded. 

Keaton sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, not even looking at me. His eyes went directly to the ground. 

I fell to the floor as I sobbed even more. I heard Keaton sigh again, as he knelt down on the floor next to me, rubbing my back. 

"Look, I'm not thrilled about having a baby at 17, but, this is my responsibility too. I'm not letting you do this alone. I'll be here for you, babe." 

"Keaton, I'm sorry." I cried into his chest. 

"Shh.. Don't cry. It'll be okay. We'll be okay." He soothed as he took me into his arms. 

"No, it's not just going to be okay.." I said, softly, through my tears. 

"I'll stand by you through everything. We'll get through this."He said. His tone was a little unsure, but I ignored it. As long as he was going to be here, I knew it'd be okay.

I felt relief going through my body. This turned out better than I thought I would. I thought he wouldn't want anything to do with this baby. I looked up at him, "Keaton, I love you so much." 

"I love you too, baby." He whispered as he kissed the top of my head, as I laid in his arms, and drifted off to sleep.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this is a little short and rushed. My mind isn't completely here right now. I left town for my grandpas funeral, and now i'm back. I've never lost someone really close to me, so it really hit me hard. I'm not sure how to handle it.

I hope you guys like this chapter anyways. I don't think i'll be able to update as much, because I have school and cheer practice starting tomorrow. I'll try to updaye as much as I can.

5+ votes for next chapter. Thank you so much.