Chapter 7

The team have made it through half the day of school with no problems. They now head off to the cafeteria for lunchtime, meeting up at the table Dick and Barbara normally sit at and enjoy their lunch in the outdoor courtyard. Artemis is sitting at a nearby table with her other friends, still keeping an eye on Dick.

Megan: "You know school is definitely a lot more boring in person than it is on television."

Barbara: "Of course, unfortunately... or rather, fortunately, no evil teachers or big school fights here at Gotham Academy."

Dick: "Yup, just good old fashion lectures and homework, very exciting," he said sarcastically.

Wally: "The classes here are definitely harder than at Central City High... except for chemistry."

Zatanna: "Really? Some classes were tough to keep up with, especially chemistry, but I would be lying if I did not find them interesting, world history was most definitely my favorite."

Dick: "That's good to hear, I'm glad there's some good experience on your first day."

Barbara: "Anyways Dickie, how's that song for old Bruce coming along?"

Zatanna: "Song?"

Wally: "Yea! He's writing Bruce a song for Fathers Day this year!"

Megan: "OOO THAT'S EXCITING! I didn't know you could sing!... Wait Wally how did you know?" she said, confusion in her eyes.

Wally: "Me? Oh, I saw the sheet music on his desk when I was in his room."

Megan: "His room huh? What else did you see?" she said mischievously before giggling with Zatanna.

Barbara: "Woh woh woh someone please fill me in on what's happening"

Dick: "Oh no," he said covering his face with his hand, Wally next to him turning red knowing what's about to happen.

Zatanna pulls out her phone, revealing the picture of Dick and Wally cuddling together in Dick's bedroom that night...

Barbara: "YOU GUYS CUDDLED???" she practically screamed while staring at Dick.

Dick: "NOT SO LOUD," he said trying to match her energy.

Barbara: "I knew you said Kid Flash was your favorite hero but I did not know you meant like THIS."

Dick, keeping his face in his hands starts to blush really hard, turning increasingly red each second.

Barbara: "Alright Dickie it's okay no need to be so flustered," she said reassuring her friend and rubbing his back to comfort him.

Dick finally lifts his face up, still having some leftover blush, but is more relaxed. Wally is just frozen in place not knowing what to say or do. Dick notices and puts his hand on top of his, immediately snapping Wally out of it.

Dick: "Are you okay?" he said in a soft voice.

Wally: "Um, yeah I'm good"

Dick lifts his hands off and gives Wally a reassuring smile.

Barbara: "Anyways... how's that song going?"

Dick: "Oh, right, it's going pretty good, I'm almost done with the lyrics."

Barbara: "ooo can we hear a preview???" she said enthusiastically.

Dick: "Are you sure? Right here?"

Zatanna: "I second hearing a preview, I'd love to hear you sing!"

Megan and Wally nodded in agreement.