08

Lily.

I gasped and opened my eyes only to close them because of the harsh white light. I could hear beeping sounds, everything around me was white. White walls, white bed, white sheets, white ceiling, and a white door. I was in a hospital surviving yet another car crash. There were several patch wires attached to my chest, monitor beeps showing my heart rate, and Cora. My sudden waking up seemed to have startled her and she gets up from the couch and run towards me.

" Lily! How are you? Are you feeling better? Are you hurting anywhere? What happened?! " Her bombarding me with questions really honestly made my head hurt a bit, but again that can be from the crash. I don't really know what hit Alex and I. Fuck. How's Alex?

"I'm fine, I'm fine." I respond to Cora and continue, "Where's Alex? Is he alright?" I ask to which she only scrunches her face and shakes her head.

"W-What? What do you mean Cora?"

I shake my head, confused as to what does she mean. I was with Alex, he was sat beside me, we were in a car crash...right? "Alex was with me, he must be in the next room or something Cora, he was with me!"

"Lily I really don't know where he is, I-I couldn't leave you, he might be in some other room but I don't know I didn't ask anyo-"

"Cora I was with him during the car crash so now where is he?" I was quick to cut her, my vision now getting blurry and my whole body shaking.

He couldn't...He can't. He can't die.

She again responds with the same, 'I don't know what you're talking about' and to be honest after some time the tears which started leaking from my eyes and the heavy dosage of the medicines, my body started drifting off to sleep.

The next two days sitting and doing literally nothing really heightened the feeling of knowing where Alex was, but soon enough sleep became the distraction that helped keep my mind off everything.

Today I was good to go as told by the doctor but I myself didn't wanna go. Leaving the hospital meant talking to people, explaining things which you can't seem to handle. Especially talking about Alex when I myself am clueless about his whereabouts.

The doctor, Mr. Smith, had come to tell me my prescripted timings of medicines while Cora noted them down and I was still lost in my own thoughts. After they left, Cora and I started to leave for our house only to be greeted by one of the guys we saw dragging Alex out of our sight the other day. He was wearing all black, even his arms were littered with tattoos. Black jeans, a plain black t-shirt with a head full of messy black hair. I gripped Cora's hand a bit tighter because I knew they would ask me about Alex, after all I was with Alex during the car crash and yet I don't know a single thing about Alex.

After standing a few feet from us, the man spoke,"Umm hey. How are you?". I didn't know them, I hadn't even seen them previously other than the time they along with Alex. "I'm Victor, Alex's friend. We all are... That's Dylan, Jake and Max."
He pointed to the other three guys I had seen in the class. Jake being the blonde one, and Dylan and Max being the two brunettes. They all had a hard look on their faces except the one in front of me, Victor. He had a concerned look, assuming for Alex.

My thoughts were turned out to be true and I could feel the tears stinging in my eyes as I try my best to hold them back and sniffle.

"Hi, Lily, How is Alex?" I introduced.

There was a brief moment of silence between us when Victor decided to speak, breaking my heart as I get consumed my guilt all over again.

"H-he....he couldn't make it."