06

Lily.

I just knew today was going to be very interesting. The sun was shining brightly, the sky showcased a beautiful blue color with clouds forming mesmerizing patterns like the way they do, beautiful spring breeze flowing. New York City was very alive with people rushing to do their own things, some people living their best day, some having to face their worst nightmare; many different feelings displayed on their faces. To say it was a busy Monday was an understatement.

I had decided to wear a cozy brown-ish mustard-ish sweater and tucked the front in my high rise faded gray loose jeans and paired it with white sneakers (which I hope still stay white after wearing them for the first time today) and let my wavy hair fall over my shoulders with my makeup to a minimal. Cora had opted for a simple look too by wearing a blush pink hoodie, light blue jeans and a pair of black doc martens.

As I entered my classroom, I had already known where I was going to sit. Now you can call me a nerd but I like sitting in the front, it allows us to really focus and understand the concepts whereas Cora prefers to sit at the back.

Yeah, I know... total opposites.

While my first psychology class is about to start, Mr. Montgomery starts to introduce himself. "Ok good morning class, welcome to your first day of psychology class. Now I don't like to repeat myself so I'm just gonna remind you again to switch off your cellphones, any noise or disturbances in the class will not be tolerated. We'll start today's class by opening page number eight of our main book."

I quickly turn my head back for a moment to look at Cora with wide eyes and a grin on my face only to come across that she was looking at me with the same expression too...and we already knew the look we were sending to each other, this class was gonna be hell.

That's when suddenly a loud sound broke my eye contact with Cora and my eyes travelled towards the door. I gasped when the classroom door suddenly slammed open, revealing no other than Alex. His eyes were scanning the classroom only to get locked on mine.

I wasn't aware of him being in the same major as me. The man who I spent an hour with yesterday night just drinking and talking, now in front of me in a disastrous appearance . He was wearing a grey t-shirt with a black leather jacket and jeans along with black converse, with his hair being messy with a few stubborn strands falling on his forehead. His forehead was covered with sweat almost as if he just ran 5 miles, his jaw clenched hard and being breathless he was panting but his face maintained the solid look. Yeah, full on toughie look.

Everyone in the classroom was staring at him but his eyes locked to mine as he entered the class and took a place in the far right corner of the fourth row, all the way across from me.

Soon enough Mr. Montgomery is walking over to him, "Excuse me, Mister are you aware of the time? The class was supposed to start 5 minutes before and you're late on the first day itself. Is this the kind of behavior we are gonna see from you? And if so then please get the hell out of my class because I won't tolera-"

"I had my own shit to take care of! It was the first day, no one cares about me being 5 fucking minutes late! Now please sir continue with your work." Mr. Montgomery gets cut off by Alex's loud words making me flinch and my eyes wide as I keep thinking if this was the same person I met yesterday.

I was so bewildered seeing him like this right now in front of me. I started to think maybe something horrible happened to him but he seemed to be without any signs of injury. Why was he acting in such a puzzling way? What bothered him?

Mr. Montgomery continued with our class, himself being a little frightened of Alex because of the look he kept on his face throughout the lecture. As the class was going on, I could sense that Alex was gazing at me but I chose not to look at him right away. Once I met his eyes, he was angry. Like really pissed off. I widened my eyes a bit, I gulped down nervously still maintaining strong eye contact with his now dark forest green eyes. This being unsettling for me I focused my eyes back on the book laid down on my table.