Chapter 6

I wake up at the same place I passed out in. Jasmine leans over me.

"Lily! Lily wake up!"

"Jasmine! Oh my..." I try to get up but a sharp pain shoots up my arm. "Ahh!" I scream.

"Oh Lily, I had to give you a shot to wake you up. It's going to hurt for a while. Come on and help me wake up Luke."

"I thought you were dead Jasmine! How did you escape! And um.... what shot did you give me exactly?"

"Lemme explain. The people who were chasing Luke and I weren't part of the searics. They were part of a team to try to defeat them. They knew we weren't going the right way, so they tried to stop us. They couldn't catch up to Luke, but they caught me."

I had to take a moment and process this information. Jasmine is alive. Luke and I are safe... for now, but what 'team' was she talking about? How can I trust them? I hold Luke's arm as she wipes it and sticks the needle in at the wrist. His reaction is earlier then mine was.

"Jasmine! You're alive! Lily! What happened?" I forgot to ask Jasmine why we fainted and how she knew where we were.

"Listen up. Both of you. Luke, the people who captured me were against the searics. They were helping us. And when you were at that hospital place or whatever, when they cut you, they collected your blood and put a tracking device in your arm. Which reminds me, I should've cut those out when you guys were asleep. Anyway, they made you pass out so you can stay put so they can find you. But we hacked into their unprotected system and found you first. Lily, you might want to hold Luke's hand." He sits up and I grab his hand as she severs a medical knife into my skin. I scream and squeeze Luke's hand. He tenses up. He's next.

She stitches up my wound and moves over to Luke. She disinfects the knife and does the same to him. He lets out a groan here and there, but tries to stay quiet to prove himself. I wouldn't mind if he screamed, though.
***
Luke and I hold hands as we run after Jasmine as she leads us to the team's base. We go into the "ghetto" part of town, which has recently been abandoned, and we walk into a gray, old hardware store. We are lead into the back to a set of stairs. Down the stairs, bright, colorful lights start to appear, as if it's a government, high tech laboratory or something. We make our way to the bottom.

"Lilian?"

I turn around. "Mom! Dad!"