Chapter 3:

"Well, where do I start?" Luke laughed.

"I know you're asking a rhetorical question and not sound clique but how about at the fucking start. Althea called me a warrior. Explain? I want to know everything. Including who you think my birth parents are" I said cutting him of.

"Ok. Well, everything I am going to say is relevant. So, please just listen." Luke smiled.

"I'm listening and I'm not going anywhere" I smiled as I leaned back into my seat, crossing my arms.

"Ok. Well to be honest, no-one really knows the first time we appeared in this world, but the first time we have ever been recorded was during the middle ages. In the Viking era during 800AD. Warriors, like you, like us. We have a unique ability that makes us different from everyone else, special even.

Were stronger, faster, and smarter than humans. We have incredible reflexes, and we heal faster. Were in a sense magic. We can conjure and manipulate the elements. Earth. Water. Fire and Air. We can also see and control the dead.

Our job is to save and protect humankind. We hunt and kill, those who live in the underworld. Werewolves, vampires, demons, and other creatures that roam around at night. All Warriors have familiars. Like your Raven, Luna, and Althea Coyote, Blue. All familiars can talk, but only to their connectedwarrior. You can talk to them telepathically.

In 1020, two warriors who are now the royal families, grouped together with other warriors and created the Brotherhood. The Brotherhood is stronger than ever and me, Althea and almost every warrior is a part of the Brotherhood.

There are four types of Warriors. Normal everyday warriors who does their job of protecting the human race, either in this world or ours. Then there's the protectors like Althea. They have two jobs, their first one as a normal warrior and their second is to protect the leaders and the royal families. They are the best of the best.

Next there's the leaders. Like me. There are one hundred leaders in this world and ours. We are in charge of hundreds of warriors and protectors. We help make the rules and make sure they're followed.

Lastly, there is the two royal families. King Lewis Westwood, his wife, Anna, and their two sons Leo and Jack. Then there's King William Claymore, his wife Bella and their son Noah. Both families in the other world.

Each and every warrior gets their familiars when they turn eighteen. They're linked to us, our soul, mind, and heart. They represent us. In every way. If we die, they die. They find us and protect us.

Each familiar means something else. Those who have wolfs, cats or coyotes means their strong, independent, powerful, cunning, adaptable, and smart. Birds, hawks, and owls means their free-spirited, calm, kind, loving, and filled with desire.

Those who have rats, mice, rabbits, and ferrets are lucky, successful, adaptable, with foresight, and fertility. Then there's there rarer familiars. Bats, and snake's their dangerous, cunning, passionate, sleuth, and their fighters.

The one animal that combines everything. The one animal that is extremely rare and shows how powerful someone is, is a Raven. Their powerful, smart, insightful, passionate, strong, with great wisdom. There is this darkness that follows them, their cunning, fighters, and their dangerous.

Most warriors, grow up knowing what they are. It's rare for them not to. For you not to know it's rare, especially because your adoptive parents are warriors. It's a lot harder for people who don't know what they are to adapt into this life.

As for why you're here. Well, that's complicated. You see the Claymore family they had this daughter. She would about twenty-one now. She had one blue eye and heterochromia in the other. Half green the other half blue. She also had a birthmark on her left thigh of a love heart.