~Opening up•|Naseeb~

FEW DAYS LATER...

They both were walking on the road, their feets crushing the dried leaves of the trees. It was a sunny noon which felt no less than any miracle to Avni in that cold town. Quiet, calm and peaceful!

~The times we'll be together, everything will seem peaceful, darling!~

"Btw Neil, you know almost all the places here. Kitne baar aa chuke ho yahan?" She asked him sipping her hot chocolate. He just smiled at her question.

"Aana? Mai toh bachpan se yahin hun!" He said putting his hands over the highway border line as they were standing at that side of the road which had it's end towards the ditch.

"Oh! But you said you come from Mumbai?" She asked again confused by his answer.

"When I was in my 4th standard, I visited Nainital for the very first time and this place attracted me. After my 5th, I requested my parents to send me off here in boarding school. Bahot mushqil se maane the woh. I did my 12th and college from here itself and you know mai toh job bhi yahin se karna chahta tha but dad's health didn't go well and he refused to it. That's why I shifted back to Mumbai." He turned towards her and found her eyes moist by now.

"You are very lucky! You have a very supportive family." She said wiping the tears from the corner of her eyes.

"Yeah! Indeed they are, btw tumne kabhi mujhe apne baare mein nahin bataya? It's your turn now." He wanted her to pour her heart out, discard all those buried feelings and pain which were the reason behind her tears. He wanted her to smile, smile by heart!

"Apne baare mein bataane ke liye, kuch hona bhi toh chahiye!" She uttered smiling sadly.

Just once, know the depth of your life and phir dekho, wonders!" He was indirectly making her understand. They both stood in silence for the time being, the only sound heard was the chirping of birds, the blowing of wind and a few horns when the vehicles passed, rarely!

~Your life is beautiful,
The difference is that you don't admire it, love!~

"You know, I lost my parents when I was 5. Kabhi unka pyaar mila hi nahin! They left me!" A mere whisper escaped her mouth and she gazed upwards. He kept his hands on hers and squeezed it lightly. She looked at him who was asking her to wipe off her tears and gave a little smile.

"After their demise, I was taken to orphanage. Those 7 years, I've spend there were no less than hell." She uttered, those flashes of her past running in her mind.

"But you know, Neela ma entered in my life and she adopted me. I was twelve then!" She smiled, everytime she called Neela as 'maa', she felt the heavens calling her! Her maa was such a beautiful soul, not a biological mother but no less than it. She always had a special place in Avni's heart from the very first day.

"Agar woh mere saath nahi hoti toh shayad mai zinda hi na hoti." She whispered merely. He sighed and his grip on the barrier tightened.

"Anyways, leave all this and answer me whether you are going to tour around every single place here with me or not?" She asked showing 'fake' interest on sensing their former talks were getting awkward.

"Uh? Hmm... Let me think about it." He joked and she hit him on his shoulder laughing along with him.

"Agar nahi karwaoge na toh mai tumhe suicide point se neeche gira dungi." She warned him jokingly, pointing her index finger at him. He pretended to look at her in horror.

"Great! You will murder me at 'suicide point'? How cool noe?" He remarked indicating the irony.

"I'm Avni Parikh and I can do anything." She said in full swag.(😂idk why, but this swag sounds odd.)

"Yeah, ikr! You do those things which normal humans don't." He muttered slowly but she heard him.

"Haww! What? I'm not normal? Aur tum, amrood jaisi shaql!" Her nose flared with fake anger and she showed him her fist to which he reacted by running away and she chased him.

They were running at the roadside side. She, just about to catch him, pulled him from his collar's back and he dis-balanced himself due to the dried up, slippery leaves of the pine and fir trees along with her pull. He instantly fell down taking her along with him, over him.
Her locks covered his face and he slightly removed them from his face to have a look at her innocent, beautiful, calm and peaceful face.
She, on the other hand, observed his face closely for the very first time and those hazel brown orbs drowned her in them.
He smiled and instantly she too; a little!

~I feel my world sparkling,
When I look at your smile,
shining!~ '

_________

"Kuch badla badla sa lagta hai mera naseeb,
Jabse paaya hai tujhe
khud ke kareeb! "

_____________

Hey people!

The next update is here and do tell how it was!
Also do share this story if you find it worth reading.

Though, the 1st chapter's feedback is not good, but still those who find this book worth reading; this one's for them.

Take care
Much love❤
Thanks.