Chapter 4: The imperial grace

The sun was shining brightly and there was no cloud to be seen. A hitting sound could be heard in the distance and Cooheart was sitting nearby with some refreshment for the hot weather, "Your grace, it's already noon and the emperor would be back any moment! We should get you ready for his highness' arrival!" Cooheart said out loud. Fluke didn't want to listen as he had something else in his mind and that was hitting this silver arrow in the bullseye.

When Fluke received his gift from his husband he wanted to train as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the emperor had to leave for imperial duties in another region and so Ohm couldn't teach him much, although he promised him. The emperor assigned an archer master to teach him and Fluke just finished his lessons, but wanted to practice more. He wanted to show Ohm his skills, but sadly there was not much progress.

"Why does it fly so far away!?" Fluke whined and grabbed another arrow. The bow was special as it was made by the elves of Elnelon. Even though Fluke could understand the carvings, he didn't want to reveal his ability to others. Besides, knowing how to use a bow without the help of magic was far more cooler than relying on it. Fluke aimed again, when a hand grabbed his waist gently and the familiar sweet scent came closer. He wanted to turn so badly, "Focus," Fluke shivered from the deep voice whispering in his ear.

"Stand straight," Fluke did what he said, "Shoulders back," he pulled his shoulders back, "Pull the string until your hand touches your cheek," Fluke pulled the arrow and felt the cold arrow and string touch his face, "Align your elbow with your hand," Fluke moved his elbow up, "Not that high," He lowered a little, "Now focus on one spot and let go," Fluke let go and the arrow hit the bullseye with ease, as if it was the easiest target of all.

He could hear a low chuckle behind his ear and he quickly turned around. Ohm looked so handsome with his imperial suit on and his hair neatly styled. His eyes were warm and his scent was pulling him in, "You did well, Petal." His voice was deeper than usual and Fluke's eyes widened, "H-How?..." he thought he still had time to get ready, "I arrived earlier and thought I would be greeted by you." Ohm looked at the many arrows scattered around on the training ground, "I guess you found something more important," Fluke quickly shook his hand, "I thought I had still time until you arrived,"

Fluke pressed his lips together in embarrassment and Ohm stared down at him with a little smirk, "Then can I have my greeting now?" He asked. Fluke blinked in confusion, "Pardon?" Ohm chuckled and leaned down. The alpha scent was so strong that Fluke felt weak on his legs, "I wrapped up all the matters with Mage Cerwin and rode for two days straight back to the palace. Don't I deserve a reward from my husband?" He asked and Fluke blushed, "R-Reward?" He stuttered and Ohm sighed.

He then pulled the younger by his waist and Fluke's hands landed on his wide chest, "Do I really need to beg?" His voice was a little hurt and Fluke felt guilty. He looked down for a second before slowly lifting up on his tiptoes. He quickly kissed the emperor's cheeks before burying his face on his chest, "W-Welcome back!" He said while still hiding his embarrassment. Ohm was a little taken aback before he smiled softly. He wanted more than a quick peck on his cheeks, but having his husband so close in his arms was more than enough. Besides, he would take his reward tonight in his chamber and not let the boy sleep.

"Cooheart," Fluke's attendant immediately ran towards them, "Let my husband refresh himself and meet me at the dining table," Cooheart bowed before escorting Fluke back inside. Ohm watched how his husband glanced back multiple times and blushed whenever their eyes met. It was so adorable and something he missed a lot. He then felt something behind him and glanced back. His face immediately went dark and without even looking, he walked inside the palace.

-Next day-

The sun was already high up in the sky and the palace became busy again now that the emperor was back. "Mage Cerwin agreed on keeping an eye on Duke Siripongthon. We still don't have a clue what his plan is with the Holy City, but we can't take any risk." Ohm explained to Prem who was busy writing behind a pile of papers, "So, the region crystal is in the hands of father Duncan?" He asked and Ohm shook his head, "No, he still has it, but the power has decreased." Prem looked up behind his glasses and paused his writing, "The crystal's power has decreased?"